PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Soriano

Paulwny
10-05-2002, 08:06 PM
For proving that in the yankmee infield, YOU ARE THE WEAKEST LINK !

guillen4life13
10-06-2002, 12:41 AM
i'm ecstatic that the yankmees lost, but there's only one thing that makes me a lil sad about it: robin ventura deserves a ring imo, and it'd have been great if he got it with the sox, but the guy has done quite a bit, and he's always been a team player. maybe next year if he goes to another team (gets outta the bronx) and he gets to the series.

Paulwny
10-06-2002, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by guillen4life13
i'm ecstatic that the yankmees lost, but there's only one thing that makes me a lil sad about it: robin ventura deserves a ring imo, and it'd have been great if he got it with the sox, but the guy has done quite a bit, and he's always been a team player. maybe next year if he goes to another team (gets outta the bronx) and he gets to the series.

Long after the game yank announcers Kay and David Cone discussed possible moves for next year. Ventura has stated that he would prefer to stay with the yanks or go to a west coast team. The yanks will probably want him back but not at $8mil per year. Looks like he'll test the fa market and then make a decision.

Paulwny
10-06-2002, 10:30 AM
From Newsday:

Maybe next year, if Soriano is moved to centerfield, he'll make that play. And a position switch might be in his future after his defensive problems at second base. Soriano earned the nickname "El Monstro" from his teammates for his scary ability at the plate, but he is almost as frightening with his glove.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/yankees/ny-sori062954255oct06,0,2615745.story?coll=ny%2Dbaseb all%2Dheadlines

Paulwny
10-07-2002, 03:17 PM
Rawlings stock is dropping. The've asked Soriano to stop using their glove since many people now think their a cement company.