PDA

View Full Version : I hope David Wells gets bombed

SoxxoS
10-05-2002, 02:20 PM
That's all I have to say about that... :)

cheeses_h_rice
10-05-2002, 02:53 PM
I have a good feeling about today's game...Wells, IMO, won't do well under the pressure of playing in the Angels' park in a crucial game 4. The Angels have proven time and again they can overcome whatever adversity gets tossed in their path, and I think their bats will come out flailing today.

Prediction...Angels 7, Yanks 5.

PaleHoseGeorge
10-05-2002, 03:14 PM
I've discovered that playoff time is when my pettiness overwhelms everything else. For example, I want Tim Hudson to get shelled AND Oakland to clinch over Minnesota both in Game 4.

So while I'm getting revenge and working off another season's worth of frustration, watching everybody else's team chase the glory I can only dream about, let me add this to my list of fondest baseball hopes this October. I would luvvvvv the Yankees to get eliminated because of a lousy start by that jerk David Wells.

Ah, dreams...

:)

cheeses_h_rice
10-05-2002, 03:34 PM
You want petty, George? Here's how petty I am...

My NL team is the Braves. It's crossed my mind many times how absolutely sweet it would be for the Braves to be able to avenge 1991 by beating the Twins in the Series this year. So, logic would dictate that I want the Twins to get to the Series in order for this to happen, right?

But that's not what I'm thinking. Me, I'm thinking of the cocky Twins beating up on the Sox the past few years, and all I can wish for them is to choke miserably in the first-round series against the A's. I want the Twins to have absolutely zero more success than the Sox did in 2000. OK, they've won 1 game, but I'll take a 3-1 defeat and call it even...

RichH55
10-05-2002, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
I've discovered that playoff time is when my pettiness overwhelms everything else. For example, I want Tim Hudson to get shelled AND Oakland to clinch over Minnesota both in Game 4.

So while I'm getting revenge and working off another season's worth of frustration, watching everybody else's team chase the glory I can only dream about, let me add this to my list of fondest baseball hopes this October. I would luvvvvv the Yankees to get eliminated because of a lousy start by that jerk David Wells.

Ah, dreams...

:)

This I think we can all agree with...cheers! :gulp: :gulp:

WinningUgly!
10-05-2002, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
I have a good feeling about today's game...Wells, IMO, won't do well under the pressure of playing in the Angels' park in a crucial game 4. The Angels have proven time and again they can overcome whatever adversity gets tossed in their path, and I think their bats will come out flailing today.

Prediction...Angels 7, Yanks 5.

I'd love to see it, but I don't think it's gonna happen. Somehow the Yankees will pull out this series.

FarWestChicago
10-05-2002, 04:51 PM
That punk jerk Hudson really took care of the Twinks!

FarWestChicago
10-05-2002, 06:28 PM
LMAO!!! Wells came up BIG!!

idseer
10-05-2002, 06:30 PM
it's not over, but right now the thing that makes me happiest is it looks like torre won't be picking 9 yankees for the all-star squad next season!

PaleHoseGeorge
10-05-2002, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
That punk jerk Hudson really took care of the Twinks!

Hudson is 0-1 with a 6.23 ERA. Now that's a man who needs to do more talking!

The roof caved in on Wells in the fifth. He stands to lose and now sports a 15.23 ERA.

My only regret in the A.L. series, so far, is Hudson only got tagged with one loss. Somehow he wiggled his way out of being the loser in Game 1 though clearly he deserved it.

Close out the Yanks tonight; close out the Twinks tomorrow. Then my work will be done.

:gulp:

Soxheads
10-05-2002, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Hudson is 0-1 with a 6.23 ERA. Now that's a man who needs to do more talking!

The roof caved in on Wells in the fifth. He stands to lose and now sports a 15.23 ERA.

My only regret in the A.L. series, so far, is Hudson only got tagged with one loss. Somehow he wiggled his way out of being the loser in Game 1 though clearly he deserved it.

Close out the Yanks tonight; close out the Twinks tomorrow. Then my work will be done.

:gulp:

Sorry George, I really think that that won't happen. :gulp:

cheeses_h_rice
10-05-2002, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
I'd love to see it, but I don't think it's gonna happen. Somehow the Yankees will pull out this series.

Looking good so far!

Just got back from a 2-hour run, only to find out that A) Hudson choked bigtime, B) Wells choked bigtime, and C) the entire Yankees team is close to choking bigtime.

*****!!!

WinningUgly!
10-05-2002, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Looking good so far!

Just got back from a 2-hour run, only to find out that A) Hudson choked bigtime, B) Wells choked bigtime, and C) the entire Yankees team is close to choking bigtime.

*****!!!

This is the happiest I've ever been about being wrong! :gulp:

jortafan
10-05-2002, 09:54 PM
I'm sorry I can't share your joy. I'd rather have seen the Yanks go against the A's in the final round, and let the two of them scrap it out for the pennant. My disgust with the wild card always makes me root for the wild card team to get knocked out in the first round, and the thought that a wild card team could get hot again and go to the World Series. I'm sure Jerry Manuel would disagree, but I still think Florida's '97 series victory is a crock.

duke of dorwood
10-05-2002, 10:32 PM
:hurt

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HawkDJ
10-05-2002, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by idseer
it's not over, but right now the thing that makes me happiest is it looks like torre won't be picking 9 yankees for the all-star squad next season!

Who says Gardenhire, Scioscia or Howe won't do the same thing? I know Gardenhire and Howe would but I don't know about Scioscia.

Iguana775
10-05-2002, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2
Who says Gardenhire, Scioscia or Howe won't do the same thing? I know Gardenhire and Howe would but I don't know about Scioscia.

as long as they are not yankees!! lol

HawkDJ
10-05-2002, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Iguana775
as long as they are not yankees!! lol

Ok well 9 Yankees would make me just as mad as 9 Twins.