PDA

View Full Version : Ray Ray - *Offical* A's/Twins Thread

duke of dorwood
10-04-2002, 04:23 PM
:ray

Remember that speed, WSI?

cheeses_h_rice
10-04-2002, 04:34 PM
How did the inside-the-parker happen? I read something about Toriiiii messing up?

ode to veeck
10-04-2002, 04:37 PM
is this the official As/Twinks thread today?

ode to veeck
10-04-2002, 04:45 PM
big out there (Cuddyer fly out for #2 in bottom two)

... and Zito strikes out Rivas to get out of the bags loaded jam (still no hits for the Twinks)

cheeses_h_rice
10-04-2002, 04:49 PM
Rivas WHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFS with the sacks packed.

LMAO!

voodoochile
10-04-2002, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by ode to veeck
is this the official As/Twinks thread today?

It is now...

:D:

ode to veeck
10-04-2002, 05:25 PM
Terrence Long singleton shot HR. Gee this looks like one of PHG's "boring games" but at least Ray Ray's HR was more entertaining than a boring blast into the seats

ode to veeck
10-04-2002, 05:31 PM
and Torii Hunter doubles to break up Zito's no hitter to lead off the bottom of the 4th followed by a Mienkiewitz shallow single that somehow didn't score Hunter ... so much for boring baseball

ode to veeck
10-04-2002, 05:42 PM
Pierzynski draws first blood on Zito, 3-1 As after 4

OfficerKarkovice
10-04-2002, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
How did the inside-the-parker happen? I read something about Toriiiii messing up?

Line drive in front of Hunter...he thought he could make the catch...he charged it and it went under his glove and rolled all the way back to the fence...by the time he could stop, turn around, and go get it, Ray was home.

ode to veeck
10-04-2002, 06:42 PM
dye hits another (boring) HR, but in the 7th, the As start some REAL baseball, a walk , a double , a base on the throw, and a sac fly ... and the As are pulling away from the Twinks here in the 7th

ode to veeck
10-04-2002, 07:38 PM
and the As hold on to win, only the Twinks 2nd loss in the last 13 playoff games in the homer dome, Hudson vs Milton on tap for tomorrow as Twins fight off elimination at home

PaleHoseGeorge
10-04-2002, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by ode to veeck
and the As hold on to win, only the Twinks 2nd loss in the last 13 playoff games in the homer dome, Hudson vs Milton on tap for tomorrow as Twins fight off elimination at home

I'm really torn in this game. I can't stand Hudson, and I truly enjoyed watching him get his head handed to him in Game 1 of this series. However, I loathe giving the Twinks a chance in a deciding fifth game.

I'm hoping Hudson gets shelled in 3 innings, then Oakland mounts an incredible comeback to pull ahead and win in the ninth.

Who says you can't have your cake and eat it, too?

:)

WhiteSox = Life
10-05-2002, 12:56 AM
So, you're saying if the Twinkies build a seemingly insurmountable lead, that's fine with you as long as the Athletics come back and win it, right?

Wouldn't that involve a lot of boring baseball?

A lot of Athletics late inning heroics have been through boring baseball, after all, especially those tedious walk-offs.

:D: yawn :D:

PaleHoseGeorge
10-05-2002, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by WhiteSox = Life
So, you're saying if the Twinkies build a seemingly insurmountable lead, that's fine with you as long as the Athletics come back and win it, right?

Wouldn't that involve a lot of boring baseball?

A lot of Athletics late inning heroics have been through boring baseball, after all, especially those tedious walk-offs.

:D: yawn :D:

If I can get Hudson to look like an idiot, and get the Twinkies eliminated, I'll be completely satisfied.

That's not boring baseball. That's revenge.
:smile:

WhiteSox = Life
10-05-2002, 01:36 AM
The Machiavellian Principle rewritten:
"If if takes boring baseball to fulfill my desires, then so be it, as long Hudson gets pounded, and as long as the Twinkies get the cream squeezed out of them in the end." :smile:

Why don't you like Hudson, by the way?

PaleHoseGeorge
10-05-2002, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by WhiteSox = Life
Why don't you like Hudson, by the way?

Tim Hudson is a complete jerk. He's notorious for talking smack from the dugout. He was flapping his gums pretty good during one of the Sox games in Oakland last year. I can't remember which one, but it doesn't matter since we got embarrassed in all of them. The cameras caught him doing the same schtick during last year's playoffs, too.

Nasty stuff, not the garden variety yelling and joking. I distinctly remember him screaming, "Just take it, bitch!" after a big strikeout by an A's reliever.

Big man, that Tim Hudson. Why was the reliever in there making the key plays if he wasn't falling short in his own job?

voodoochile
10-05-2002, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Tim Hudson is a complete jerk. He's notorious for talking smack from the dugout. He was flapping his gums pretty good during one of the Sox games in Oakland last year. I can't remember which one, but it doesn't matter since we got embarrassed in all of them. The cameras caught him doing the same schtick during last year's playoffs, too.

Nasty stuff, not the garden variety yelling and joking. I distinctly remember him screaming, "Just take it, bitch!" after a big strikeout by an A's reliever.

Big man, that Tim Hudson. Why was the reliever in there making the key plays if he wasn't falling short in his own job?

"There's no (trash talking) in baseball" (at least there didn't used to be...)

FarWestChicago
10-05-2002, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Tim Hudson is a complete jerk.Hudson is a total punk jerk. Zito and Mulder seem to be able to pitch without acting like complete asses.