PDA

View Full Version : When's the NBA start?

Kilroy
10-01-2002, 08:23 PM
As usual, the MLB/Fox powers have decided that the whole ****ing world wants to see the Yankees. While I want the Angels to win, I'd much rather watch any other game that doesn't have the Yankees in one of the dugouts. It'd be better if there was just no sports on at all...

:chunks

PaleHoseGeorge
10-01-2002, 08:47 PM
The Yankees get evening prime-time for all three games, five if it goes that long.

Then the folks running MLB can't figure out why the Yankees are the only team in America with a national following.

:tool
"I'm so confused, and now Minnesota won, too. Oh, Lord!"

:lynch&mcfail
"Among people who enjoy lousy baseball, we're televising coast to coast all summer long! Never in October, of course."

cheeses_h_rice
10-01-2002, 09:25 PM
Sing it. I believe it's been this way the past few years -- every stinking Yankees game gets prime billing.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to that 11PM EST start of the first D-backs/Cards game tonight.

On a related note, I was quite shocked to actually be able to hear part of the Twins/A's game on the radio on my commute home -- normally, the LCS games are mighty hard to track down on the radio in this country. It used to be that playoff baseball was "special," but not anymore.

:tool

We're thinking of moving to a 24-team postseason structure very soon. Just like Little League, we'll make everyone feel like a winner!

RKMeibalane
10-01-2002, 09:42 PM
Four weeks until the 2002-03 NBA seasons begins. I wonder if there are any basketball coaches who tinker with their lineups as much as Jerry Manuel does with his. I know Mike Dunleavy did when he was coaching in Portland. I remember once that he used these lineups over the course of two games during the shortened 1998-99 season:

C- Arvydas Sabonis
PF- Brian Grant
SF- Walt Wiliams
SG- Jim Jackson
PG- Damon Stoudamire

Next Game...

C- Arvydas Sabonis
PF- Brian Grant
SF- Rasheed Wallace
SG- Isiah Rider
PG- Greg Anthony

duke of dorwood