PDA

View Full Version : Here's a prediction...

PaleHoseGeorge
10-01-2002, 05:05 PM
...we won't have too many Twins trolls around here today. Three errors through two innings.

They look like little leaguers out there. The Three Stooges couldn't have done their schtick any better than the Twinkie infield did in the second inning.

:ray
"I scored from second base on a pop-up that landed between homeplate and the pitcher's mound!"

duke of dorwood
10-01-2002, 05:08 PM
I hope they get embarassingly swept.

Where's your Kielty..... NOWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Lip Man 1
10-01-2002, 09:59 PM
By now I'm sure you saw what happened didn't you?

I give the Twins credit...coming back from that horrific start, beating Hudson who had won eight straight.

These guys have a lot of heart and stones. The Sox better bring plenty more of both next season.

If that was the Sox out there today and started like the Twins, they would have lost 15-4 or something like that.

The Twins may just pull this off. They got the split in Oakland regardless of what happens tomorrow. Then it's back to Minnesota.

Like it or not, they've done something today the Sox haven't done in a million years (or so it seems...)

Lip

RKMeibalane
10-01-2002, 10:02 PM
What does Ray Durham have to say for himself now?

HawkDJ
10-01-2002, 10:20 PM
PHG: Woooops

PaleHoseGeorge
10-01-2002, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2
PHG: Woooops

What? They DID look like little leaguers. Based on that alone Oakland should have won the game. Instead they played like the Sox in the 2000 ALDS. Hudson was a punching bag, LOL!

I've said this before, but it bears repeating. I'd rather be lucky than good. Oakland sucked today, and that was just good enough for the Twins.

You don't need much luck to win a best-of-five series. Oakland is in deep **** if they need to win two games inside that monstrosity up north.

Now, as for predicting an A's sweep or some such... that wasn't me.

:gulp:

Twins8791
10-02-2002, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
...we won't have too many Twins trolls around here today.

I'm not a troll, I'm an ogre.

Does anyone else think Art Howe should lose Manager of the Year just for starting game 1 with a right-hander?

ma-gaga
10-02-2002, 07:17 AM
ahh. Howe didn't want to shake up his rotation. He's looking ahead at the Yankees... heh heh heh.

Little leaguers or not, they won the damn game. Unbelievable.

FarWestChicago
10-02-2002, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by ma-gaga
ahh. Howe didn't want to shake up his rotation. He's looking ahead at the Yankees... heh heh heh.

Little leaguers or not, they won the damn game. Unbelievable. And now the A's are in trouble because they have to win a game in the Roller Dome....

NUCatsFan
10-02-2002, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Twins8791
I'm not a troll, I'm an ogre.

Does anyone else think Art Howe should lose Manager of the Year just for starting game 1 with a right-hander?

Sorry, but with the jobs that Mike Scoscia and, as much as I hate to admit it, Ron Gardenhire did, Art Howe was never really in contention for MotY. Though Billy Beane does deserve Exec of the Year.

RKMeibalane
10-02-2002, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by NUCatsFan
Though Billy Beane does deserve Exec of the Year.

He does, and he doesn't. Billy Beane is one of the best general managers in the game. Having said that, it isn't hard to steal players from Professor Chaos and General Disarray.

NUCatsFan
10-03-2002, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
He does, and he doesn't. Billy Beane is one of the best general managers in the game. Having said that, it isn't hard to steal players from Professor Chaos and General Disarray.

Not even for the lopsided-ness of the deals. But Billy Beane saw what his team needed: a leadoff batter (Ray-Ray) and another starter for the stretch drive (Lilly). Plus the moves he made in the off season. He did everything needed to take his team from a legit contender to a (co-)favorite.