doublem23
08-11-2001, 12:01 AM
Leadoff triple. That didn't take long.

jklm
08-11-2001, 12:01 AM
unfortunately, you are right...

FarWestChicago
08-11-2001, 12:02 AM
I really don't understand why JM decided to forfeit this game. We had a chance. I must say I'm rather angry about this decision.

Jerry_Manuel
08-11-2001, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
I really don't understand why JM decided to forfeit this game. We had a chance. I must say I'm rather angry about this decision.

And just who exactly would you like to see in the 6th inning?

You won't see Foulke.
You won't see Howry.
Do you want to see Biddle?
Do you want to see Kip?
How does Matt Ginter grab you?

doublem23
08-11-2001, 12:05 AM
I'd be angry if I didn't feel the acid eating away at my stomach lining giving me an ulcer before I turn 18.

God damn Embree. Nice recovery Lee. This team is going to make me start smoking like a monkey.

doublem23
08-11-2001, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

You won't see Foulke.
You won't see Howry.
Do you want to see Kip?

I'll take Ginter over Embree!

Jerry_Manuel
08-11-2001, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
I'll take Ginter over Embree!

I think I would to right about now!

doublem23
08-11-2001, 12:10 AM
Nothing like Alan Embree to turn Kelly Wunsch into a fan favorite!

FarWestChicago
08-11-2001, 12:10 AM
Do you want to see Kip?

Jer, I am fully aware we have no pen. But, you still don't send your worst pitcher out there.

Bmr31
08-11-2001, 12:11 AM

You won't see Foulke.
You won't see Howry.
Do you want to see Kip?

ALL OF THE ABOVE!!!!!!!!

Jerry_Manuel
08-11-2001, 12:13 AM
Jer, I am fully aware we have no pen. But, you still don't send your worst pitcher out there.

As much as I hate him he has been doing better as of late. But now he is back to sucking.

:vining
Hey I'm pitching well in Charlotte!

FarWestChicago
08-11-2001, 12:14 AM
:jerry

Maybe Embree wasn't such a good idea. Now that he's given up a run and loaded the bases I'll get Rocked.

doublem23
You know you got a problem when Rocky Biddle is an upgrade at pitcher. THIS IS WHY I DIDN'T WANT GLOVER TO START!!!!

This feels like someone is stabbing millions of tiny knives in my very, very slowly.

I need a cigarette - and I don't smoke.

Jerry_Manuel
Originally posted by Bmr31
ALL OF THE ABOVE!!!!!!!!

You would take Biddle over Embree BMR?
I find that odd since I know how much you hate Biddle.

MikeKreevich
08-11-2001, 12:15 AM
Embry should never pitch when the sox have a lead.
Manager of the year strikes again.

Bmr31
08-11-2001, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Guzman's Goat
Embry should never pitch when the sox have a lead.
Manager of the year strikes again.

Im sorry but this guy is a ****ing idiot!

Jerry_Manuel
08-11-2001, 12:21 AM
Im sorry but this guy is a ****ing idiot!

Ok since Embree and Biddle shouldn't pitch with the lead the bullpen is now down to.

Foulke
Howry
Kip
Ginter

Bmr31
08-11-2001, 12:22 AM

Ok since Embree and Biddle shouldn't pitch with the lead the bullpen is now down to.

Foulke
Howry
Kip
Ginter

And the problem is?

doublem23
08-11-2001, 12:24 AM
:canseco

I can pitch.

Jerry_Manuel
08-11-2001, 12:25 AM
And the problem is?

That a 4 man bullpen just doesn't work.

FarWestChicago
08-11-2001, 12:27 AM

Jerry, what part of "you still don't send out the worst pitcher in baseball" are you struggling with understanding?

Bmr31
08-11-2001, 12:28 AM

HUH???? first of all he said when we are winning so that eliminates half the games. Second of all, when you are winning, your starting pitcher is generally doing well. This was an IGNORANT move.

doublem23
08-11-2001, 12:28 AM
Jerry, what part of "you still don't send out the worst pitcher in baseball" are you struggling with understanding?

:embree
Hey, my career stats are better than Canseco's!

:canseco
How about I snap your neck?

I suck.

:rocked
I got your back, man.

Jerry_Manuel
08-11-2001, 12:30 AM

I'm not struggling with it West I get it.
I'm just making the point that we can't pitch Embree or Biddle because they suck so we are going to pitch Kip Wells and Matt Ginter every day by your logic.

Bmr31
08-11-2001, 12:31 AM

I'm not struggling with it West I get it.
I'm just making the point that we can't pitch Embree or Biddle because they suck so we are going to pitch Kip Wells and Matt Ginter every day by your logic.

jerry youre not paying attention here

FarWestChicago
08-11-2001, 12:32 AM

I didn't say don't put in Rocked. Rocked should have started the inning. He had the potential to get out with 1 or 2 runs of damage. Sending out Embree to give up a run and load the bases for Rocked was insane. I'm surprised you don't agree.

Jerry_Manuel
08-11-2001, 12:34 AM
jerry youre not paying attention here

No I get what West is saying look if Embree is this ****ing bad then just get his ass off the ****ing team. And if Biddle is hurt then he shouldn't be pitching either.

Bmr31
08-11-2001, 12:36 AM

No I get what West is saying look if Embree is this ****ing bad then just get his ass off the ****ing team. And if Biddle is hurt then he shouldn't be pitching either.

Thats not the point. The point is, you bring in your worst pitchers in certain situations, like when youre up big or down big. NOT when you have a 3-1 lead on the best team in baseball.

Jerry_Manuel
08-11-2001, 12:37 AM
I didn't say don't put in Rocked. Rocked should have started the inning. He had the potential to get out with 1 or 2 runs of damage. Sending out Embree to give up a run and load the bases for Rocked was insane. I'm surprised you don't agree.

No that was insane, I just didn't have a problem with Embree starting the inning he has been pitching a little better as of late. He is still bad but just not as bad.

KempersRS
08-11-2001, 12:37 AM
No I get what West is saying look if Embree is this ****ing bad then just get his ass off the ****ing team.

I think I said that before Embree even pitched in his first game for us.

Jerry_Manuel
08-11-2001, 12:39 AM
Thats not the point. The point is, you bring in your worst pitchers in certain situations, like when youre up big or down big. NOT when you have a 3-1 lead on the best team in baseball.

And I agree you should the best bullpen pitcher we had was Glover and he is starting now. So Manuel had a choice of putting in Biddle or Kip Wells who both have been bad as of late. I understand exactly what you are saying the problem is that our bullpen sucks.

Jerry_Manuel
08-11-2001, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by KempersRS
I think I said that before Embree even pitched in his first game for us.

Well then give yourself a pat on the back Kempers.

FarWestChicago
08-11-2001, 12:41 AM
And I agree you should the best bullpen picther we had was Glover and he is starting now. So Manuel had a choice of putting in Biddle or Kip Wells who both have been bad as of late. understand exactly what you are saying the problem is that our bullpen sucks.

Earth to Jerry. You still don't put in the walking disaster. Rocked or Kipper had some chance. Embree had none...period.

Bmr31
08-11-2001, 12:42 AM

And I agree you should the best bullpen picther we had was Glover and he is starting now. So Manuel had a choice of putting in Biddle or Kip Wells who both have been bad as of late. I understand exactly what you are saying the problem is that our bullpen sucks.

A larger problem is our manager has proven hes a moron.

Jerry_Manuel
08-11-2001, 12:43 AM
Embree sucks

Jerry_Manuel
08-11-2001, 12:46 AM
Earth to Jerry. You still don't put in the walking disaster. Rocked or Kipper had some chance. Embree had none...period.

Ok then get him off the damn team then. If the only reason why we are keeping him is to mop up when we are getting killed then that is stupid.

KempersRS
08-11-2001, 12:48 AM
Ok then get him off the damn team then. If the only reason why we are keeping him is to mop up when we are getting killed then that is stupid.

"Its a tough job, but someone's gotta do it!"