PDA

View Full Version : Steve Rosenbloom

voodoochile
09-29-2002, 11:48 AM
Anyone else see his Sunday column? A reader suggests that writers with an MVP vote write in Frank Thomas about 5th on the ballot sheets hoping to get him into the top 10 and remove JR's DSC leverage.

cheeses_h_rice
09-29-2002, 01:57 PM
Yeah, that'll happen...

:moron

As I've always advocated, we should give the Big Hurt a break.

bc2k
09-29-2002, 04:35 PM
I read it and assumed it was someone from WSI because of his sarcastic doubt that JR would spend the extra money on free agent pitching.

RKMeibalane
09-29-2002, 04:52 PM
I think it would be funny to vote Thomas for MVP, if no other reason, to stick it to the rest of Major League Baseball. I'm sick and tired of seeing players on bad teams collect hardware. If Alex Rodriguez wins the MVP, I will dissapointed. Don't get me wrong. Alex Rodriguez is the best player in baseball. He has had an amazing season, but he plays for the Texas Rangers. Therefore, he doesn't deserve the award. They would be in the same position without him.

Miguel Tejada should win the award. He too has had an amazing year. His numbers don't compare to A-Rod's, but then again, no one has numbers like those. Tejada plays on a winning team, so he should be MVP.

MarkEdward
09-29-2002, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
I think it would be funny to vote Thomas for MVP, if no other reason, to stick it to the rest of Major League Baseball. I'm sick and tired of seeing players on bad teams collect hardware. If Alex Rodriguez wins the MVP, I will dissapointed. Don't get me wrong. Alex Rodriguez is the best player in baseball. He has had an amazing season, but he plays for the Texas Rangers. Therefore, he doesn't deserve the award. They would be in the same position without him.

It's the "Most Valuable PLAYER." Not the "Most Valuable Player on a Winning Team."

Miguel Tejada should win the award. He too has had an amazing year. His numbers don't compare to A-Rod's, but then again, no one has numbers like those. Tejada plays on a winning team, so he should be MVP. [/QUOTE]

Benji Gill plays for a winning team, he should be MVP. Ramon Hernandez plays for a winning team, he should be MVP. Sterling Hitchcock plays for a winning team, he should be MVP.