PDA

View Full Version : Home Plate Umpire

WhiteSox = Life
09-28-2002, 05:32 PM
Maybe you can chalk it up to the disappointment of not seeing Buehrle pick up his 20th, or the White Sox not doign anything this year, or the lack of... it goes on.

Anyway, is it just me or on a 2-2 pitch to Kielty in the bottom of the 8th, did Buehrle nick the outside corner? The umpire said no. After wouldn't you know it, Kielty wound up hitting the GW HR.

When the White Sox came to bat in the 9th, Thomas, who had been seeing the ball well the whole game, had a called strike against him further outside than the one that Buehrle pitched.

The whole game, Marvin Hudson, the HP Ump, was not giving the outside corner and then, all of a sudden, he starts giving it in the bottom of the 9th!

Pardon me for this pretty inane thread, but it really upsets me seeing Mark getting gyped out of his 20th win. I can't imagine what Mark's feeling, though.

And, I know, the White Sox left, unbelievably, 23 MEN ON BASE, but to have Buehrle pick up the loss in any form or fashion hurts, and especially when Hudson can't keep a consistent outside corner. And it's not like it was only one pitch in the top of the 9th, he called a couple out there, and that also caused Frank and Maggs to expand their strike zone.

In the end, though, Buehrle does not pick up his 20th, but I'd rather see him do it next year when it matters (hopefully), anyway.

Well, that is all. Here's to you, Mark Buehrle! :gulp:

FanOf14
09-28-2002, 09:41 PM
The umps have sucked all season and they have seemed to want to use the Twins as a way to send a message to Selig that they (umpires) can do what they want. I've watched the Twins versus a few other teams and there were many lame calls. I read an article by someone noticing this, but I have had too many :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: and can't remember where I saw it.

duke of dorwood
09-28-2002, 10:22 PM
That Guardado gets high calls, outside calls. He has to , he got nuthin. Loese got strikes on calls our guy wasn't getting all game. But, we had scoring chances that take any ump out of a game if we convert. Sounds familiar.