PDA

View Full Version : Will the Sox ever learn?

Lip Man 1
09-28-2002, 05:17 PM
After the sweep of the Twins last week, a few of the Sox started shooting their mouths off again about sending a "message" for next season.

You'd think these guys would have learned from Ray Durham's remarks but noooooooooo.

It seems like the only team sending the message for next year are the Twins, who with the playoffs starting Tuesday, are back to their regular lineup and back to kicking the Sox rear.

Just another typical Sox game in 2002, stranding eleven base runners and blowing another late lead. (For those of you scoring at home, that's the 11th time this season, the Sox took a lead into the 7th inning or later and got beat!)

It would be a fitting end to this abortion of a season if Jon Garland gets ripped, the Sox get swept and in the process blow what was almost a sure bet for a winning season.

Maybe then they'll FINALLY learn to shut their damn mouths concerning the Twins and just go out and play.

I really wanted SOMETHING to feel proud about for this year, even if it was only an 82-80 record, but that's not going to happen now.

Just sickening.

Lip

WhiteSox = Life
09-28-2002, 05:38 PM
2002 Chicago White Sox
"We Just Can't Keep Our Mouths Shut!"

ma-gaga
09-28-2002, 06:12 PM
I didn't think any of the players were lipping off. I thought Jerry Manuel was the one talking about the Twins... Whatever.

guillen4life13
09-28-2002, 06:37 PM
honestly, i think that these guys should just keep their mouths shut. just go in and play, and kill the opposition, but say nothing. no trash talk, no talk, period. only things i wanna hear are, "yeah, they're a good team. We're gonna do our best to beat them, but it's definitely a challenge."

and i want to see them do their best to beat the opponent. any team with that type of attitude will produce better results without a doubt, than a team that talks crap all the time.

Jjav829
09-28-2002, 06:51 PM
I agree. I mean what kind of "message" are you really sending? "Hey we sure can kick your ass when you've already clinched the division and are looking past this game, preparing for the playoffs!" Boy, Im sure the Twins are sure worried about next year now that the Sox have sent them this message!

Lip Man 1
09-29-2002, 03:21 AM
Ordonez and Valentin were both quoted in the Chicago papers about trying to send a "message". I went back in the 7 day archives and rechecked the stories.

Lip

WhiteSox = Life
09-29-2002, 04:09 AM
Valentin's always running his mouth, trying to ignite his team. There's nothing wrong with one guy always talking especially if it's Jose, who usually doesn't slander anybody or any team.

Maggs speaking out, though? That's a bit of a surprise to me. He's usually soft-spoken and lets his actions speak for himself. Let's hope Ordonez hasn't been paying too much attention to what Chicago's other RF constantly says and does.

Paulwny
09-29-2002, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by WhiteSox = Life
Maggs speaking out, though? That's a bit of a surprise to me. He's usually soft-spoken and lets his actions speak for himself. Let's hope Ordonez hasn't been paying too much attention to what Chicago's other RF constantly says and does.

Possibly, the best kept secret in baseball (Maggs) was told to be a bit more vocal by his agent or sox players when dealing with the press.
Maggs and Baines are quite a bit alike in this respect. Any publicity is better then no publicity.