PDA

View Full Version : Some thoughts

balboner
09-27-2002, 04:41 PM
-It appears as if Liefer's days on the Sox are numbered. He is demanding a trade, and cant see the Sox wanting to bring him back. If this is true, will Borchard take his roster spot?
- No reason not to invoke Thomas' clause. If he were to come back, it would clear a lot of payroll to resign Konerko and Buehrle., and go find another starter.

Daver
09-27-2002, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by balboner
-It appears as if Liefer's days on the Sox are numbered. He is demanding a trade, and cant see the Sox wanting to bring him back. If this is true, will Borchard take his roster spot?
- No reason not to invoke Thomas' clause. If he were to come back, it would clear a lot of payroll to resign Konerko and Buehrle., and go find another starter.

Frank's salary will be counted against the luxury tax whether it is deferred or not,so I doubt they will sign much of a starter.

Nellie_Fox
09-28-2002, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by balboner
- No reason not to invoke Thomas' clause. Have you been watching the last month? No reason? How about that he has been hammering the ball again? That he could easily return to MVP type numbers next year? Do you really want to see him do that for someone else?

It was a major injury. He lost a lot of time. Show me a bad year by Frank when he was healthy, please.

DVG
09-28-2002, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
Have you been watching the last month? No reason? How about that he has been hammering the ball again? That he could easily return to MVP type numbers next year? Do you really want to see him do that for someone else?

It was a major injury. He lost a lot of time. Show me a bad year by Frank when he was healthy, please.

:moron

I don't need to!!!! my only goal is to run him out of town so that
my Sammy can have it all to himself!!!! All the more to blow kisses!!!! The clause will be exercised!!!!! My victory over the
Antichrist is nigh!!!!!!

Iguana775
09-28-2002, 12:28 AM
Have you been watching the last month? No reason? How about that he has been hammering the ball again? That he could easily return to MVP type numbers next year? Do you really want to see him do that for someone else?

i read in a recent The Sporting News that said that thomas has been 100% the whole year so he cant use his injury as an excuse for his poor start. that is BS. i like to see anyone else come back from a tricept tear the next year and continue to put up MVP numbers.

Nellie_Fox
09-28-2002, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by Iguana775
i read in a recent The Sporting News that said that thomas has been 100% the whole year so he cant use his injury as an excuse for his poor start. that is BS. i like to see anyone else come back from a tricept tear the next year and continue to put up MVP numbers. Being 100% physically is not the same thing as having your timing back. Players who miss a week take time to get their hitting stroke back. Frank missed a year for all intents and purposes.

I heard that Joe Morgan told Frank that it took him the same amount of time to get his timing back after missing major time as it has taken Frank. I'm absolutely convinced that Frank will be a force again next year, and I'm inviting the Frank bashers to remember that I said this so they can ridicule me if I'm wrong. I wish I'd jotted down everyone who has been bashing Frank so I can do the same.

RKMeibalane
09-28-2002, 12:19 PM
Being 100% physically is not the same thing as having your timing back. Players who miss a week take time to get their hitting stroke back. Frank missed a year for all intents and purposes.

I heard that Joe Morgan told Frank that it took him the same amount of time to get his timing back after missing major time as it has taken Frank. I'm absolutely convinced that Frank will be a force again next year, and I'm inviting the Frank bashers to remember that I said this so they can ridicule me if I'm wrong. I wish I'd jotted down everyone who has been bashing Frank so I can do the same.

Frank Bashers:

NUKE_CLEVELAND
bc2k

There are several others, but I can't remember their names right now.