PDA

View Full Version : Frank Says He's Staying

hold2dibber
09-27-2002, 09:07 AM
Big Hurt has, apparently, ended his moratorium on granting interviews. In today's Trib, in a front-page (sports section) story, Frank basically says he's staying put. He strongly suggests that even if the DSC is invoked, he's not going anywhere. He also reminds us that as a 5/10 guy, he can veto any trade. He says he has built a legacy here and does not want to give it up. Good news for those of us who would be crushed if Frank left.

jortafan
09-27-2002, 10:09 AM
Let's hope this is true. I'm still wary. I can only too easily see management pushing the issue to the point where Thomas has little choice but to leave, then returning to beat Chicago around for a few more years.

bc2k
09-27-2002, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
Big Hurt has, apparently, ended his moratorium on granting interviews. In today's Trib, in a front-page (sports section) story, Frank basically says he's staying put. He strongly suggests that even if the DSC is invoked, he's not going anywhere. He also reminds us that as a 5/10 guy, he can veto any trade. He says he has built a legacy here and does not want to give it up. Good news for those of us who would be crushed if Frank left.

I also read the article and the quote about him building a legacy here really got to me. I'm glad he staying. It would be a disgrace for him to have to build on his legacy at 250k per year.

voodoochile
09-27-2002, 12:23 PM
Hopefully JR won't take advantage of Frank's poorly timed (from a negotiation perspective) comments. Have to love Frank deciding to speak up regardless of the consequences. Maybe some of the fans will give him a break now too...

Randar68
09-27-2002, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Have to love Frank deciding to speak up regardless of the consequences. Maybe some of the fans will give him a break now too...

That's what he's always done. That's what has given the anti-Sox media the material to beash everything Thomas and Sox in the past. In any other town, he would be the fan favorite who always speaks his mind and doesn't hide behind the "no content" quotes everyone else does.

But, he's in Chicago, and gets crucified for it every time.

Kilroy
09-27-2002, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
That's what he's always done. That's what has given the anti-Sox media the material to beash everything Thomas and Sox in the past. In any other town, he would be the fan favorite who always speaks his mind and doesn't hide behind the "no content" quotes everyone else does.

But, he's in Chicago, and gets crucified for it every time.

He'll never get a break around this town. Just yesterday I heard North talking about how Frank said that Jackie Robinson didn't mean anything to him. I know I have to consider the source, but that's a guy with a large listening audience who just perpetuated something that's a lie to begin with. That wasn't what Frank said, even though what he did say came off badly.

He deserves to finish his career here, and I hope it happens.