PDA

View Full Version : Nice to see...

doublem23
09-27-2002, 01:02 AM
Frank get that standing 'O' in what could possibly be his last at bat with the Sox in Comiskey.

Classy.

DVG
09-27-2002, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
Frank get that standing 'O' in what could possibly be his last at bat with the Sox in Comiskey.

Classy.

I certainly hope it isn't his final at-bat with the White Sox. He has
a shot at 400 home runs, something no White Sox player has ever done. And while Sammy's run at 500 will make Jay and all
of his journalistic brethren yawn at Frank's pursuit of 400, it
should be a big deal, at least to White Sox fans. Seeing Thomas
get his 400th and possibly 500th HR's in another uniform would
leave a sour taste in my mouth.

duke of dorwood
09-27-2002, 08:48 AM
I was at what was thought to be Robin Ventura's last at bat in 1997 at the trade deadline. It didnt happen that night but it was very emotional for those there that knew what was going on. I know exactly what you were feeling.

Jjav829
09-27-2002, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by doublem23

Classy.

Yeah that was nice of the fans. The least he could have done was maybe say thank you to the fans. I guess thats too much to ask for.

WinningUgly!
09-27-2002, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
Yeah that was nice of the fans. The least he could have done was maybe say thank you to the fans. I guess thats too much to ask for.

"Thanks for not booing me. One standing-o from the same fans that booed, heckled & jeered me in my home park, 80 games in a row."
:hurt

No, that's not too much to ask for.

doublem23
09-27-2002, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
"Thanks for not booing me. One standing-o from the same fans that booed, heckled & jeered me in my home park, 80 games in a row."
:hurt

No, that's not too much to ask for.

I was wholely expecting some "Sox fans" too boo him, so it was nice.

And no, Frank doesn't owe us anything. We don't deserve a good-bye from him. If anything, he's got every right in the world to stand at home plate and flip Sox fans the bird. Actually, I would kind of applaud him for that.

HawkDJ
09-27-2002, 05:15 PM
It was nice to see especially after the crap we've given to him this whole season. A guy becomes your best player you've had in decades and you think they would earn some respect. Ahhhh well...

Maggliosfan09
09-27-2002, 10:57 PM
if frank gets traded to another team i dunno what i'm gonna do. He was my favorite player growing up until about 3 years ago. Frank still is a big favorite of mine. I still get excited when frank hits hrs. If he gets to stay here to the end of his career i'll be happy. If he does go I won't be very happy with the management.

RKMeibalane
09-28-2002, 01:22 PM
What's interesting about this whole situation is that since Frank started hitting well again, the Frank haters have pretty much left the board. They know that we know who they are, so they are avoiding whitesoxinteractive.com like the plague.

voodoochile
09-28-2002, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
What's interesting about this whole situation is that since Frank started hitting well again, the Frank haters have pretty much left the board. They know that we know who they are, so they are avoiding whitesoxinteractive.com like the plague.

Well, there's always b2ck, though he has softened his stance some of late, sometimes he still falls back into the old patterns occasionally.