PDA

View Full Version : Well......

mack10zie
09-26-2002, 06:21 PM
haven't been around the board in a real long time, and I don't know what people have been saying, but here's my positives on this season.

Magglio and PK having very very solid years even though PK has been pretty cold recently.

Joe Crede finally getting a chance to play regularly, and playing well.

Royce is gone, finally.

Frank has looked almost like the Frank of old the past month. Although it may not really matter with all the talk of the Sox evoking the diminished skills clause, but if he is back next season then hopefully he'll be back to hitting over .300 with his homers and RBI's. For how bad of a season he's had his 28 HR's and 92 RBI's really aren't that bad, obviously not great, but after a year out of baseball they aren't horrible.

Buehrle is still the man. Stumbled a bit for a stretch there, but he is definately a front line starter.

Solid finish, played a good stretch of baseball to close the season out (assuming we close well in the last few games) which hopefully will give the guys some MO for next season.

Danny Wright and Jon Garland, while obviously not the most consistant starters to ever grace the mound I think they performed fairly well and gained a ton of experience which should help for next season. They both pitched some gems and they both got shelled their fair share of times, but overall I was happy with their seasons despite fairly high ERA's and near .500 records.

Can't think of anything else of the top of my head, add some if you can, or disagree with something I said, just wanna hear some fellow Sox fans thoughts on some of the positives that we can take from this season.