PDA

View Full Version : Facts, facts

34rancher
09-26-2002, 07:17 AM
Look, I know when it comes to baseball topics, that Jay is clueless, and that he often seems to make up stories. But correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Aaron have 755 home runs?
http://www.suntimes.com/output/mariotti/cst-spt-jay26.html

P.s. Jay, a friend of mine went to Wrigley yesterday with a knife on his belt, and nothing was said to him. SO PLEASE RECOGNIZE THAT IN AMERICA WE HAVE FREEDOMS.

Iguana775
09-26-2002, 07:50 AM
what an idiot. lol. but maybe he was thinking on the number that would pass aaron.

cheeses_h_rice
09-26-2002, 08:27 AM
All of which leads to anything but a merry mood. Sadly, Sosa isn't getting the love he deserves this week. Granted, in an unprecedented era of power, No. 500 feels like No. 400 used to feel. But in a baseball town with little to celebrate, the appreciation level should be higher. The bleachers may be crowded with fans ready to throw elbows and punches for the historic ball, but entire sections of seats are empty on these pleasant autumn evenings. Announced crowds of 30,000 are closer to 23,000. If the Cubs were winning, the Sammy love-in would smack of 1998, when his duel with Mark McGwire coincided with the playoff chase. But when the Cubs are losing, the bulk of Cubdom doesn't adore him with the same passion.

Oh look, Jay is shedding tears...the tears of a clown.

voodoochile
09-26-2002, 11:50 AM
With the anemic-hitting Cubs plunging toward another 95 losses, Sosa's won-loss record in his 11 years on the North Side is putrid.

806-909 to be exact as of the time of this post, for an average of 10 games UNDER .500/year, or 76-86....

That... that...that...that's not good...

Keep swinging for those fences, ShamME, we still love you...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!