PDA

View Full Version : If you were Jose Hernandez...

Jjav829
09-25-2002, 05:26 PM
If you were Jose Hernandez, would you want the single season record for most strikeouts?

I keep hearing that this is a record that no one would want, which brings up an interesting question. If bad publicity is better than no publicity, is holding a bad record better than holding no records? Think of it like this. Your an average player who isn't near being a top player. You've bounced around in the league and are now a full time starter. Your not good enough to set any major records. When you retire your most likely not going to be talked about, and you won't be remembered by most people. But, if you set this record, your name will be in the record books, and your name will be brought up everytime a player starts striking out a lot in the season. I say... go for it Jose! Set the bar high! Make sure you don't make contact on any swing the rest of the season! Whos with me?

ChiWhiteSox1337
09-25-2002, 06:31 PM
lol, i'd go for it too, I mean people will still probably bring him up if they ever talk about having a lot of strike outs, might as well be the record holder

WinningUgly!
09-25-2002, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by ChiWhiteSox1337
lol, i'd go for it too, I mean people will still probably bring him up if they ever talk about having a lot of strike outs, might as well be the record holder

What the hell, it'll look cool on his business cards after he retires. :D:

MarkEdward
09-25-2002, 10:22 PM
It's kind of sad the Hernandez is the Brewers' second-best hitter. He should be playing though.

RichH55
09-26-2002, 01:31 AM
I think he would want it, or at least grow into it....Look at how much the last guy to lose 20 in a year hold onto his record