PDA

View Full Version : Everyone please read

Daver
09-24-2002, 05:49 PM
Well folks,big brother is watching.

The WSI news system got hit for posting complete articles from the local newspapers,hence the change in format in the way the news system operates.Now the board has come under scrutiny.

It is against copyright law to post entire articles from any publication here,something that has never been brought up in the past,you can post quotes from it and provide a link for the complete article,but we cannot post the entire article,we can be hauled into court for copyright violations.

We will have to ask you to police yourselves on this matter,the reality of the situation is this,we all have regular jobs,we do not have time to edit anyone that continues to post complete articles from any publication,and provide a link for you,so we will be forced to just delete posts of this nature as they appear.

I don't think anyone here will have a big problem complying with this,and it is probably the reason the Cubune makes you register to read articles on their website now,so if everyone can just help us out with this it would be appreciated.

Thanx all. :redneck

bc2k
09-24-2002, 05:58 PM
Ok Daver, you don't have to worry about me.

WinningUgly!
09-24-2002, 06:50 PM
:peehttp://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/winningugly/junk/cubune.JPG

Daver
09-24-2002, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
:peehttp://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/winningugly/junk/cubune.JPG

I kinda feel the same way WU,but you know what happens when you fight the law.

:chopper

And hey WU,your wrong,I lick my elbows all the time.

WinningUgly!
09-24-2002, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by daver
:chopper
And hey WU,your wrong,I lick my elbows all the time.

...Among other things. :D:

Cheryl
09-25-2002, 07:35 AM
Whether we like it or not, every time someone posts an entire article it increases the chances this place gets shut down. I know there are people here who don't want to register with the Cubune, but you can always do what I did--I have a yahoo account specifically for stuff like that. I registered and gave the Trib that email address. All the spam I get from them and whoever they've sold my address to goes to that account. I periodically go in and clean it out. It's not a big deal.

I deal with copyright at work all the time, and it is a big deal to get caught violating the law.

SI1020
09-25-2002, 08:08 AM
Don't mean to sound like an echo but I too have dealt with copyright law in my line of work. I am not a lawyer but copyright law is very unambigious and when a company decides to protect their particular copyright you have no idea the grief they can cause you. Everybody please pay close attention to this. Thank you, I promise no more lectures in the near future.

voodoochile
09-25-2002, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Cheryl
Cubune, but you can always do what I did--I have a yahoo account specifically for stuff like that. I registered and gave the Trib that email address. All the spam I get from them and whoever they've sold my address to goes to that account. I periodically go in and clean it out. It's not a big deal.

This is excellent advice. I have had a throw-away hotmail account for a long time. It is cheap and easy to sign up for. I use it for Internet subscriptions and for making inquiries of my CC companys, etc. Hotmail even has a junk-mail-box where you can direct all messages from people not in your address book to be directed. I scan the junk-mail every couple of days and delete it (man there are some sick people on the Internet).

I never understood the problem people had with registering for the Cubune or other media services. All you need is the aforementioned throw away account (takes 10 minutes to get one at any number of free providers) and presto you can then register for anything you want and never worry about SPAM...

DrCrawdad
09-26-2002, 06:01 PM
Daver,

Point well taken.

I wonder if any of the trouble stems from the fans of that other team who frequent the site.

-DrCrawdad.

FarmerAndy
09-26-2002, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by daver
I kinda feel the same way WU,but you know what happens when you fight the law.

Oh! Me! Me! I know!

Uh, the law wins?

:)

guillen4life13
09-26-2002, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by FarmerAndy
Oh! Me! Me! I know!

Uh, the law wins?

:)

"I fought the law and the... law won!"

WinningUgly!
09-26-2002, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by guillen4life13
"I fought the law and the... law won!"

Ah...remember when Nancy Faust used to play that when Rudy & Vance came to the plate? The good old days