PDA

View Full Version : Carlos Lee has 2 jobs...

nut_stock
09-23-2002, 09:38 AM
After Saturday's pounding of the Twinkies I headed over to Grandstands. After looking around the store I happened to look behind the counter and said "Holy S**T, thats Carlos Lee! I then bought a C Lee novelty baseball and had him sign it. I even got a picture of him behind the counter. (blinding him with the flash)

RichH55
09-23-2002, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by nut_stock
After Saturday's pounding of the Twinkies I headed over to Grandstands. After looking around the store I happened to look behind the counter and said "Holy S**T, thats Carlos Lee! I then bought a C Lee novelty baseball and had him sign it. I even got a picture of him behind the counter. (blinding him with the flash)

That would be quality to see a player do that.....giving back to the fans is the way to go...hopefully this is a sign that they are having fun playing ball again...Ignore this if i missed the point

RKMeibalane
09-23-2002, 09:33 PM
It's nice to see someone who's not afraid to spend time with the common people. Too bad KW will never do something like this.

kingpin_rcs
09-23-2002, 11:41 PM
Any chance you could scan the picture and put it up for all to see?

nut_stock
09-24-2002, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by kingpin_rcs
Any chance you could scan the picture and put it up for all to see?

I should have the pics developed later this week, and I think my sister has a scanner so I should be able to upload it.

It was funny at the time, I saw him working the counter, so I said something too him then I looked for and purchased a Carlos Lee Novelty ball. But Carlos had snuck out the back. I didn't think I'd have the chance to get his autograph. The store owner was getting ready to close and he asked me what I still needed. I told him I was hoping to get Lee's autograph. It so happened that Lee's wife was in the store too. He goes up to her and asked her where Carlos is. She said, " Oh he's in the back having a beer" . I continued to wait and he did finally come back to sign my ball.

OfficerKarkovice
09-24-2002, 12:49 AM
It so happened that Lee's wife was in the store too. He goes up to her and asked her where Carlos is. She said, " Oh he's in the back having a beer" .

Just out of curiosity...how's Mrs. Caballo? :gulp:

chisoxfanatic
09-24-2002, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by OfficerKarkovice
Just out of curiosity...how's Mrs. Caballo? :gulp:
I'm doing just fine, thank you! Oh, and my husband sure knows how to give back to the Chicago metropolitan area. He keeps giving the White Sox reasons to keep him on their squad.

Heather Lee

nut_stock
09-26-2002, 10:41 AM
I have the Picture of Carlos ( at his 2nd job) , I have it saved as a .bmp file.

nut_stock
09-26-2002, 10:43 AM
I put the file name into the attachment box but I don't know how to get a link or whatever posted here. ????

voodoochile
09-26-2002, 12:01 PM
I put the file name into the attachment box but I don't know how to get a link or whatever posted here. ????

Use the browse function (click on the word browse below the text box) when you reply and go to the folder where the picture is stored and click on it. It should come up in the box next to browse then just click the submit reply button.

If you are still having problems, it may be due to the type of picture file you have it stored as - .bmp files tend to be much larger than .jpg files and it may exceed the size limit set. Try opening the picture, shrinking it slightly and then use "save as" and save it as a .jpg file by changing the type of file extension. Try to get it down to close to 100K or smaller before posting (closer to 50K is even better from a server perspective).

Thanks...

nut_stock
09-26-2002, 03:52 PM
Ok, I had to chop up the photo, but here it is..

RichH55
09-26-2002, 05:27 PM
Ok, I had to chop up the photo, but here it is..

As Carlos quietly starts to become a fan favorite.......or at least takes his head out of the noose in some posters opinions........

nut_stock
09-26-2002, 09:54 PM
I can't help but be a fan of him. Both Sox games I attended this season, he has hit a grandslam!

WinningUgly!
09-26-2002, 09:58 PM
I can't help but be a fan of him. Both Sox games I attended this season, he has hit a grandslam! Try going to all 81 home games next year! :D:

nut_stock
09-27-2002, 11:43 AM
Believe me, I'd like to...

NC_sox_fan
09-28-2002, 09:42 AM
It's too bad you guys don't get to know the players the way we do at the minor league level. When Carlos was in Winston-Salem he was the friendliest, nicest guy on the team. He and his roommates loved to go out to eat with our family to a local Mexican restaurant. We have been to visit Carlos in Chicago, Boston and Baltimore and he's left us tickets. He's a wonderful, friendly guy. Very genuine.

He and Mary should be parents any day now. They have left to go back to Panama to be together for the big event.