PDA

View Full Version : Looks Like Ligue Had Planned to Do Something Goofy...

Procol Harum
09-21-2002, 11:28 PM
Did he come to the Park planning to do something like this? According to this from ESPN, it's looking that way:

http://espn.go.com/mlb/news/2002/0921/1434838.html

PaleHoseGeorge
09-22-2002, 12:03 AM
I love the fact that his sister (who obviously has all the brains in the family) is quoted by Sully in the Cubune explaining the multiple hardships in Ligue's personal life this year. He lost his job, this infant daughter died, etcetera.

So what does Ligue say when asked why he assaulted a first base coach? Is it losing his job, losing his daughter, or any of the other personal stuff? Nope.

"He flipped me off and got what he deserved!"

Sorry, folks. The sympathy angle is more than a bit of a stretch. Here's betting Ligue's attorney gets his client smartened up with a more effective alibi before the beginning of the trial.

34 Inch Stick
09-23-2002, 10:02 AM
He will probably plead to something and get less than a year of jail time for this. On the scale of crimes this is not a huge one. However, you know this guy is going to be in and out of the system his entire life. I would not be shocked to see a major physical crime on his record in the next 10 years.

hold2dibber
09-23-2002, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
He will probably plead to something and get less than a year of jail time for this. On the scale of crimes this is not a huge one. However, you know this guy is going to be in and out of the system his entire life. I would not be shocked to see a major physical crime on his record in the next 10 years.

I would be shocked if he didn't have a major violent crime on his record in the next ten years. Impulse control and anger management (to play amateur psychologist) seem to be problems for him.

Cheryl
09-23-2002, 11:02 AM
According to the Cubune today, his sister refused to post bail. Good for her.

Dadawg_77
09-23-2002, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Cheryl

Here is the story from the Cubne,

his sister said his actions embarrassed her family.

William Ligue Jr.'s bail was set at $200,000 Saturday, 10 percent of which must be posted for his release.

"I ain't got $20,000 to put up for him," his sister, Kimberly Richardson, said Sunday. "And for what he did, this stupidity? No, he's not getting out of jail."

Ligue, 34, is charged with a felony count of aggravated battery in a public place of amusement. His 15-year-old son, also accused in the attack, is scheduled to appear in Juvenile Court on Monday.

Richardson said Ligue had been on edge in the weeks before the attack. He had just bought a headstone for his 1-month-old daughter, who died in May, she said. "Maybe this was a cry out for help from him because there was so much going on in his mind," she said.

steff
09-23-2002, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Cheryl

I feel sooooo bad for this woman. I don't live too far from where he does, and thanks to the media, I now know where she lives. As someone who's dealt with the idiot media, It's a shame that they are hounding her like they are.

34 Inch Stick
09-23-2002, 12:41 PM
I don't believe for a second that he has a lot going on in his mind.

steff
09-23-2002, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
I don't believe for a second that he has a lot going on in his mind.

I believe for a second that he's got "nothing" going on in his mind...