PDA

View Full Version : Burly-Mon's 20 wins

guillen4life13
09-21-2002, 07:14 PM
hey... i haven't been here in a week or so... been busy with school. i've been thinking though. Maybe it's best that Mark Buehrle doesn't win 20, because that 20 win plateau=a huge, high paying contract in most cases. I mean... yeah I think Mark deserves a high paying contract... but i also think he should have 3 straight years of good/great production to get that type of money... and considering who the owner is... if buehrle doesn't get 20, we have a better chance of keeping him. i know it's a really greedy thing... but i think it's in the sox' best interest.

doublem23
09-21-2002, 07:16 PM
I believe he's here next year anyways.

That, and I don't think that there's THAT big of a difference on the bargaining table for a guy who wins 19 games and who wins 20.

bc2k
09-21-2002, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by guillen4life13
hey... i haven't been here in a week or so... been busy with school. i've been thinking though. Maybe it's best that Mark Buehrle doesn't win 20, because that 20 win plateau=a huge, high paying contract in most cases. I mean... yeah I think Mark deserves a high paying contract... but i also think he should have 3 straight years of good/great production to get that type of money... and considering who the owner is... if buehrle doesn't get 20, we have a better chance of keeping him. i know it's a really greedy thing... but i think it's in the sox' best interest.

I've had this same thought guillen4life13. But I'm a Sox fan and I want to see Sox success. I want to see Mark do his job and then Reinsdorf do his by keeping Buehrle.

jortafan
09-21-2002, 07:49 PM
I'm going to hope you're just kidding. After all the crud and disappointment we've had to put up with this season, the least we are entitled to is to have a 20-game winner for our staff ace. It's going to be hard enough to hear from North Side weenies, er uh Cubs fans, going on and on about their beloved Sammy and his 500 home runs. Why can't we have the undisputed best pitcher in Chicago.
Hope I'm doing this right, since this is my first post.

doublem23
09-21-2002, 07:59 PM
Welcome aboard! :)

You know Cub fans... Buehrle could win 30 games this year and they'll still say Jason Bere is better.

:bluerock

That ****'ll mess you up.