PDA

View Full Version : Rauch today

HawkDJ
09-21-2002, 02:49 PM
Don't expect alot out of Rauch today. He will only be allowed to go 45 pitches.

WillieHarris12
09-21-2002, 03:42 PM
This is why I hate Manuel. He never lets his pitchers go as long as they can.

doublem23
09-21-2002, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by WillieHarris12
This is why I hate Manuel. He never lets his pitchers go as long as they can.

Well, I believe the pitching coach has a say in how long pitchers are allowed to go, too.

But, yes, 45 pitches? That's ridiculous. If you think a pitcher can only go 45 pitches before he starts to wear down, he probably shouldn't be pitching at all for the time being.

Jerry_Manuel
09-21-2002, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
But, yes, 45 pitches? That's ridiculous. If you think a pitcher can only go 45 pitches before he starts to wear down, he probably shouldn't be pitching at all for the time being.

I don't think it's a matter of wearing down, they want to get him time up here, but want to be extra careful with his arm.

HawkDJ
09-21-2002, 05:24 PM
Well Rauch did throw 87 pitches today, so either they changed their mind or the Daily Herald doesn't have its facts straight.

Soxheads
09-21-2002, 05:37 PM
Why the hell did Rauch pitch today? It screws up the work I did on the TBSU! :smile: Pich Porzio dammit!

ESPN and CNNSI can bite me.

delben91
09-21-2002, 06:30 PM
Rauch threw pretty well. I'll tell you who's impressed me though. Maggs, good lord, the man is so consistently solid it's scary. Please, JR, KW, whoever's in charge by then, keep this guy here when he hits free agency in a few years, please!

Also, Crede has far surpassed any expectations I had for him these last few months. I was hoping for .260, a few HRs and RBIs, and nice defense. He's flown past those. Jiminez hasn't been half bad either. If he can do this consistently next year, I'll gladly eat my crow, though with some of the tabasco that LDF tends to enjoy with his (it is hot sauce right LDF?)

Go Sox! :gulp:

Vsahajpal
09-21-2002, 07:04 PM
His breaking stuff was decent, but he's lost so much on his fastball. I remember him sitting at 93-94 in the late innings. I didn't see one past 91 today.

RichH55
09-22-2002, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal
His breaking stuff was decent, but he's lost so much on his fastball. I remember him sitting at 93-94 in the late innings. I didn't see one past 91 today.

Well I think next year will be a better judge of how much we can expect him to get back...so we will just have to see