PDA

View Full Version : Gamboa

FanOf14
09-20-2002, 10:47 AM
That was a terrible thing that happened last night, but I have a question about gamboa. On baseball tonight they said he is 54. All over the place he is being referred to as "an old man" or a "grampa." If he is 54, he isn't old at all. My dad is 53 and there is no way I'd consider him old. Is he being referred to as old because the two criminals weren't? I know it isn't a terribly important point, just something I was wondering about.

duke of dorwood
09-20-2002, 10:56 AM
For the record, it was a sneak attack. I dont think those cowards would take a run at anyone that could be ready for it. I think if he would have had notice, he would have been able to hold off those weaklings until help arrived. The difference in ages is significant in that these 2 pieces of crap probably fight a lot (just a hunch) and the more mature man is way past that ridiculous stage.

FanOf14
09-20-2002, 11:04 AM
I think you missed what I was asking. I was just curious why everyone kept calling him an old man. Yes it was most obviously a sneak attack and those two were nothing but your typical brawlers, I am just curious what Gamboa's age was is all. I guess hearing someone that is my dad's age get called old is making me wonder if my dad is old. This post really doesn't have a lot to do with the attack, just the man that was attacked.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-20-2002, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by FanOf14
...All over the place he is being referred to as "an old man" or a "grampa." If he is 54, he isn't old at all...

Not to take anything away from your dad or anybody else who is over 50. However, there is a good reason why there is no such thing as "Gold Gloves' Senior Division."

Although I've got to admit, that might be fun to watch.

:gulp:

Paulwny
09-20-2002, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Not to take anything away from your dad or anybody else who is over 50. However, there is a good reason why there is no such thing as "Gold Gloves' Senior Division."

Although I've got to admit, that might be fun to watch.

:gulp:

:D: 9 years from now I'll remind you of your statement.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-20-2002, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny
:D: 9 years from now I'll remind you of your statement.

"Whaaaaat? I'm kind of hard of hearing in this ear!"

:)

voodoochile
09-20-2002, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
"Whaaaaat? I'm kind of hard of hearing in this ear!"

:)

banned...

:D:

Nellie_Fox
09-20-2002, 12:57 PM
Why, you young whipper-snappers! I oughta......