PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 7/3/19 Jose, Jose, Jose Game II Postgamer

DumpJerry
07-03-2019, 11:11 PM
Yesssss1

DumpJerry
07-03-2019, 11:12 PM
Did Kopech come back early and put on Ruiz's jersey?

hoosiersoxfan
07-03-2019, 11:14 PM

Where the hell did that come from?! Felt like I was watching 2005 Bobby Jenks with the gas he was throwing!

Mohoney
07-03-2019, 11:18 PM

That inning was phenomenal. Just went after hitters and trusted his stuff. If the guy ever develops control, he can be a legitimate option going forward.

Harry Chappas
07-03-2019, 11:24 PM
I love this team. No, they’re not great but they seem like a bunch of good dudes.

cbone
07-03-2019, 11:27 PM
I can’t pretend I don’t care if the Sox win, as long as the core preforms anymore. They’ve sucked me in! What a great day for the White Sox and the fans!

slavko
07-03-2019, 11:54 PM
Where the hell did that come from?! Felt like I was watching 2005 Bobby Jenks with the gas he was throwing!

Jenks threw 95 and we thought it was gas. Ruiz throws 99. Intimidating.

I love this team. No, they’re not great but they seem like a bunch of good dudes.

Got to blame the manager for that one. I'm serious. It might be the most important part of what a manager does. Winning helps too. Getting the bullpen semi-straightened out is key. Even Fulmer was only half bad.

Abreu proved that you can throw one changeup too many on the walk-off. Even a wipe-out changeup.

Nellie_Fox
07-04-2019, 01:00 AM
Jenks threw 95 and we thought it was gas. Ruiz throws 99. Intimidating.

Jenks cruised at 95. I remember a gasp from the Seattle crowd when he hit 102 on a pitch.

hoosiersoxfan
07-04-2019, 01:03 AM
Jenks cruised at 95. I remember a gasp from the Seattle crowd when he hit 102 on a pitch.

Bobby was hitting 100 consistently when he K’d Bagwell at the end of game 1 of the World Series.

Grzegorz
07-04-2019, 03:49 AM
I am so happy Moncada is our third baseman.

Railsplitter
07-04-2019, 07:39 AM
:bandance::bandance:
:bandance::bandance:

Lets go for the series sweep!

ChiSoxGal85
07-04-2019, 07:46 AM
The team is so much more fun to watch than the last 5 years of crap. :bandance:

Frater Perdurabo
07-04-2019, 07:52 AM
Abreu’s postgame comments were quite firm in expressing his desire to remain with the Sox.

I think a 2-year extension is just about right. He’ll play first base in 2020, and then split time with Vaughn at first and DH in 2021.

He may not have the optimal on base percentage or even batting average, but his ability to drive in runs - which actually is what wins games - remains strong.

Chez
07-04-2019, 08:27 AM
Amen, brother. And how about a little love for the fundamentally-sound, Ryan Cordell?

harwar
07-04-2019, 09:10 AM

Moncada, almost right away, became my favorite player to watch.

harwar
07-04-2019, 09:11 AM
Amen, brother. And how about a little love for the fundamentally-sound, Ryan Cordell?

I liked Cordell immediately for his defense , he doesn't get the best jump, but he can cover some ground like a Gazelle, with his long strides.

TomBradley72
07-04-2019, 11:07 AM
So many great things in this 2nd win- I've liked Cordell (irrationally) since he was called up- seems like a great kid- and great to see what is hopefully a "break out" day for him...multiple home runs, great catches, getting a squeeze bunt down- really cool.

Some nice fundamentals on defense- especially the Eloy-Moncada-Leury cut off that nailed the runner at 3rd to limit the damage to 6-5- that's a sign of a well coached team.

Collins drawing some key walks vs. tough LHP, Jay's nice catch in RF (really like him as 4th/5th OF on this team), maybe a break through game for Ruiz as well? Probably his best appearance of his brief major league career.

Oh...and Moncada- what a clutch dramatic tying homer in the bottom of the 9th to keep it going- and I am firmly in the keep Abreu camp- 2 year extension with a club option/buy out for the a 3rd year?

Beyond that- I usually watch the games via DVR- fast forwarding through big chunks, etc.(due to work, etc.)- but yesterday I was able to enjoy both games (game 2 joined in progress when it was 5-5) real time, pitch by pitch, and completely enjoyed the call by Benetti/Stone- the right balance of dramatics, enthusiasm, insights into the game, and humor.

Just a great day overall.