PDA

View Full Version : I know that some of you...

Tragg
08-10-2001, 02:48 PM
hate baseball prospectus, but I thought that this was a quality analysis. Don't know how to link here, so here's the address:

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/news/20010810scherer.html

FarWestChicago
08-10-2001, 02:50 PM
Don't know how to link here

Just click on the http:// button to do links. Of course, it parsed the address into a link, too.

delben91
08-10-2001, 03:16 PM
I think that's a very accurate article, but it leaves me with a question. With as much as he seems to be doing with Charlotte pitchers and players sent down from the sox to get their stuff back, why isn't Champion the Sox big league pitching coach? Though I can understand not wanting to remove him from a position where he's obviously doing so many good things, if he was with the big club, wouldn't that eliminate the step of sending youngsters down to AAA for more work?

Iguana775
08-10-2001, 04:23 PM
you've got a point there. why not promote champion to the sox and hire tommy john as the AAA coach?? i would be for that. but whatever happens, nardi the pitcher killer needs to go.

rmusacch
08-10-2001, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Iguana775
you've got a point there. why not promote champion to the sox and hire tommy john as the AAA coach?? i would be for that. but whatever happens, nardi the pitcher killer needs to go.

Why Tommy John?

Randar68
08-10-2001, 05:50 PM
Why Tommy John?

Because:

1) His philosophies on pitching and baseball are opposite of Nardi
2) He has worked with many of the pitchers who come through AA and AAA.
3) He has been through surgery and through 'learning to pitch' after his surgery, he has the unique perspective of being a young hard thrower and learning to pitch.
4) He can preserve arms and read pitchers health better than Nardi has apparently been able to....

anyways, I am just somewhat tired of Nardi's seemingly poor handling of the staff as a whole and their propensity to be injured under his watch...

Iguana775
08-10-2001, 05:58 PM
damn, randar. you did one helluva better job than i would have in explain that. :) i knew he was good with pitchers and he had an influence on how the so looked at pitchers, that being, look for pitchers, not throwers. at least, i think i read something like that.

my5thbench
08-10-2001, 08:54 PM
damned........I was hoping he would take DJ's place next to

Hawk, he's very entertaining behind the mike & can sure talk

ball

Tragg
08-10-2001, 11:45 PM
Randar, what clubs has Tommmy John worked for and who is he working for now?

Jerry_Manuel
08-10-2001, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by Tragg
Randar, what clubs has Tommmy John worked for and who is he working for now?

As far as I know John is an announcer for our AAA team the Charlotte Knights.

doublem23
08-11-2001, 12:59 AM
Yeah, he is the commentator for the Knights.