PDA

View Full Version : Time to DFA Alonso - Update: reports Alonso DFA

insp
06-23-2019, 09:14 PM
It's my understanding that if he hits a certain number of either at-bats or innings played, then Yonder Alonso gets an extra big payday and a guarantee that he comes back for another year. To put it mildly, his performance is such that he does not deserve any kind of bonus.

For instance, he was at bat in a classic double play situation. There are three ways that I know of to at least greatly minimize the chances of hitting into a double play: go for a home run, hit to the opposite field or my favorite, go for a walk. Alonso did none of these. What he did was wildly swing on the very first pitch and when it turned out that he had hit into a double play, he gave the impression that he just simply did not care.

It's one thing to have a player who regularly hits below .200 if that player is an accomplished fielder. However, Alonso is every bit as bad at fielding as he is at hitting. Its time to get rid of this lazy, worthless drag on the team.

Bottom line: If the Sox are to have any chance of reaching the playoffs, then Alonso needs to go now.

KRS1
06-23-2019, 09:24 PM
Itís well past that time. Heís not going to garner any trade interest and is only taking away valuable ABs from several kids.

I had hoped for him when we brought him in, but I was wrong. Heís trash.

jamokes
06-23-2019, 10:36 PM
Yet another Rick Hahn pick up gone wrong. I really do not trust this front office to make too many moves.

Noneck
06-23-2019, 11:21 PM
I thought he would help the club and would make it painless to unload abreu. I was also wrong. Now hes holding back collins, its time to cut him loose.

thomas35forever
06-24-2019, 12:51 AM
Yet another Rick Hahn pick up gone wrong. I really do not trust this front office to make too many moves.
Nice original thought that most people never come up with around here.

That said, Alonso is on pace for career lows in BA and WAR. Makes you wonder how much longer they can be patient with him.

BainesHOF
06-24-2019, 04:02 AM
Launch him now. No reason to take away at-bats from a young player.

Grzegorz
06-24-2019, 04:15 AM
I thought he would help the club and would make it painless to unload abreu. I was also wrong. Now hes holding back collins, its time to cut him loose.
Alonso has not been an asset but how has he held back Collins?

Frater Perdurabo
06-24-2019, 06:02 AM
Alonso has not been an asset but how has he held back Collins?

Collins should be getting DH reps against RHP.

Dick Allen
06-24-2019, 06:20 AM
Yet another player who seems to have forgotten everything he knew about hitting once he joined the Sox.

Noneck
06-24-2019, 07:43 AM
Collins should be getting DH reps against RHP.

And time at 1st

WhiteSox5187
06-24-2019, 09:01 AM
The Alonso trade was the one move the Sox made this off-season that didn't even attempt to make sense on paper, other than to appeal to Machado. A lot of moves they made this off-season didn't work but they at least made some degree of sense on paper, the Alonso one didn't. I wish they would admit their mistake and cut him loose.

ChiTownTrojan
06-24-2019, 09:08 AM
I agree with everyone and think Alonso's days are numbered. There's no point in worrying about him accumulating enough plate appearances for his option to kick in because there's no chance that's going to happen. Perhaps they are waiting for Castillo to get back to DFA Alonso? In that case it becomes a 3-man rotation for the C/DH spots between McCann, Collins, and Castillo (with Collins also serving as the primary backup at 1B).

If they eventually dump Castillo as well, that would open up the DH/backup 1B role for Palka. That would open up more time at C for Collins, but maybe less overall playing time because Palka would probably have more of a role than Castillo, and Renterilla might not be as comfortable having a catcher fill the DH slot every day.

ChiTownTrojan
06-24-2019, 09:12 AM
The Alonso trade was the one move the Sox made this off-season that didn't even attempt to make sense on paper, other than to appeal to Machado. A lot of moves they made this off-season didn't work but they at least made some degree of sense on paper, the Alonso one didn't. I wish they would admit their mistake and cut him loose.

I actually think it made a lot of sense on paper. One reason was for the Machado factor, which you mentioned. But also they needed someone to fill the backup 1B role who would also DH, and they were ready to move on from Davidson. It gave them flexibility if they wanted to move on from Abreu at the end of the year. The problem was that Alonso has been god awful. So I blame the scouting, not the lack of fit on paper.

WhiteSox5187
06-24-2019, 09:27 AM
I actually think it made a lot of sense on paper. One reason was for the Machado factor, which you mentioned. But also they needed someone to fill the backup 1B role who would also DH, and they were ready to move on from Davidson. It gave them flexibility if they wanted to move on from Abreu at the end of the year. The problem was that Alonso has been god awful. So I blame the scouting, not the lack of fit on paper.

They had Palka for that role. Granted Palka was awful too, but I would rather have seen him as the DH/back up first baseman than Alonso.

ChiTownTrojan
06-24-2019, 09:31 AM
They had Palka for that role. Granted Palka was awful too, but I would rather have seen him as the DH/back up first baseman than Alonso.

Palka had never played an inning of 1B in his career until this season. And as you said, he too is a very flawed player. It just turns out that Alonso is just as flawed (if not more so) for much more money.

voodoochile
06-24-2019, 09:48 AM
Palka had never played an inning of 1B in his career until this season. And as you said, he too is a very flawed player. It just turns out that Alonso is just as flawed (if not more so) for much more money.

But the good news is he's appeared in 11 games and all of them fairly recently. During that time he's played 90+ innings and had 6 assists and 0 errors. His range is going to be an issue on foul popups hit down the RF line, IMO, but it's a small price to pay if he can continue his increased walk rate and bring back the power. It might solve a problem for next year internally and give more options for trading Abreu this summer which I'm increasingly in favor of.

HomeFish
06-24-2019, 10:16 AM
There was no urgent need to ditch Alonso because he was not blocking anyone. I suppose if he's really stealing DH at-bats from Collins, he'll probably be gone soon.

voodoochile
06-24-2019, 10:22 AM
There was no urgent need to ditch Alonso because he was not blocking anyone. I suppose if he's really stealing DH at-bats from Collins, he'll probably be gone soon.

Actually he's stealing 1B AB from Collins. Can't play both of them and McCann unless you take Abreu out of the lineup. I realize Abreu has been cold recently but He's still one of the guys you want playing regularly.

MeteorsSox4367
06-24-2019, 01:15 PM
According to Scott Merkin, Despaigne has been DFA'd. Thank you.

thomas35forever
06-24-2019, 01:18 PM
According to Scott Merkin, Despaigne has been DFA'd. Thank you.
And Jon Jay has been called up. At least Jay has somewhat of a track record. What did Despaigne have?

pmck003
06-24-2019, 01:30 PM
Wonder if he has a spot waiting for him with the Padres

Mohoney
06-24-2019, 02:04 PM
Yet another player who seems to have forgotten everything he knew about hitting once he joined the Sox.
He never knew much about hitting to begin with. Lots of single-digit home run seasons for a 1B and a bad .750-ish OPS.

insp
06-24-2019, 10:19 PM
But the good news is he's appeared in 11 games and all of them fairly recently. During that time he's played 90+ innings and had 6 assists and 0 errors. His range is going to be an issue on foul popups hit down the RF line, IMO, but it's a small price to pay if he can continue his increased walk rate and bring back the power. It might solve a problem for next year internally and give more options for trading Abreu this summer which I'm increasingly in favor of.

Why trade Abreu when he's one of the few consistent players on this team? When is this rebuild going to start building up a core instead of just trading players just for the sake of trading them?

Mohoney
06-24-2019, 10:43 PM
Why trade Abreu when he's one of the few consistent players on this team? When is this rebuild going to start building up a core instead of just trading players just for the sake of trading them?
Because he will become a free agent the morning after the end of the 2019 World Series.

kittle42
06-24-2019, 11:02 PM

Because that's how expiring contracts work, and Abreu is a consistent, but replaceable, part.

Frater Perdurabo
06-25-2019, 06:15 AM
Evidently Alonso is conducting a charity event in June 30, so there is some speculation on Twitter that the Sox donít want to cut him before the event takes place.

EDIT: If Alonso and his agent were really smart, they would have scheduled the charity event for Sept. 30, to ensure heíd spend the entire season with the team and make it mote likely heíd reach 550 PAs to trigger the beating option for 2020. :tongue:

kobo
06-25-2019, 07:41 AM
Is this a serious question? What the hell do you call Moncada, Anderson, Jimenez, and Giolito? And which players have been traded just to be traded?

kittle42
06-25-2019, 10:30 AM
Is this a serious question? What the hell do you call Moncada, Anderson, Jimenez, and Giolito? And which players have been traded just to be traded?

Some people are frustrated and tired of waiting, so they vent, but they're missing the bigger picture. Luckily, the front office isn't.

DumpJerry
06-25-2019, 10:43 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv9cWgkpIZ4

GregZ18
06-26-2019, 02:48 PM
Another GIDP...it would be funny if it weren't so sad and predictable.

Tragg
06-26-2019, 05:16 PM
When is this rebuild going to start building up a core instead of just trading players just for the sake of trading them?

A core player has 3/4+ years on his contract and delivers above average performance or is expected to soon. Here is your core: Giolito, Anderson, Moncada, Jiminez. The minors probably has about 4 or 5 as well. If you trade any of those 4 for prospects, you are entering eternal rebuild territory. If you trade any for shorter term veterans, you are in fantasy-land territory.

Anyone else can and should be traded if the value is there and the core can expand.

insp
06-26-2019, 07:57 PM
A core player has 3/4+ years on his contract and delivers above average performance or is expected to soon. Here is your core: Giolito, Anderson, Moncada, Jiminez. The minors probably has about 4 or 5 as well. If you trade any of those 4 for prospects, you are entering eternal rebuild territory. If you trade any for shorter term veterans, you are in fantasy-land territory.

Anyone else can and should be traded if the value is there and the core can expand.

So Abreu who has proven himself to be a solid performer is expendable while Giolito who has had only a few months of proven ability and who is currently sliding back down into mediocrity and worse, is a core player?

Mohoney
06-26-2019, 08:03 PM
So Abreu who has proven himself to be a solid performer is expendable while Giolito who has had only a few months of proven ability and who is currently sliding back down into mediocrity and worse, is a core player?
ď3/4+ years on the contractĒ makes Abreu irrelevant to what Tragg posted.

kittle42
06-26-2019, 08:08 PM

Given contract and age, yes.

Teams donít build around 32 year old solid 1Bs anymore.

Grzegorz
06-26-2019, 08:40 PM
If the goal is to rebuild then you have to trade asset for asset. I love Abreu too. But in the end, it's about the build.

As for Giolito you didn't expect the torrid pace he was on to continue did you?

When the season is over then evaluate where each player excelled or struggled.

XplodingScorbord
06-26-2019, 09:05 PM
Iíve watched a lot of White Sox baseball over the years. While I think Alonso is a decent guy and it wasnít the worst idea (though not the best either) picking him up, itís time to move on.

Tragg
06-26-2019, 10:36 PM

Abreu's contract is up after this year. He can help the Sox a lot more with what he could bring in trade. They've had opportunity to extend him - they haven't. And the one thing this front office does well is extending players that they want extended. And even if they want him back, at this point, it's best to trade then sign.

And Abreu showcased himself nicely to a team that could use him: the Red Sox. Reminds me of a few years ago when Samardjiza, in early July, pitched his best game of the year against a team that really could have used him: the Blue Jays. Hope this time they pull the trigger.

Re Alonso, I still think a secondary reason they brought him in was to be a bridge in 2020 between Abreu and the next generation 1B and DH. But he's been so awful that that won't work.

kobo
06-27-2019, 07:41 AM
:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

TomBradley72
06-27-2019, 08:10 AM
All this talk of Abreu's trade value- what exactly does anyone think we can get for 2 months of Abreu from any of the contenders? If the value is going to be an A ball lottery pick- who really cares/

Kilroy
06-27-2019, 10:20 AM
Given contract and age, yes.

Teams don’t build around 32 year old solid 1Bs anymore.

True, you don't build around that player, but every up and coming team needs to have a solid veteran that delivers some performance and who is respected in the clubhouse.

For this team, Abreu is that guy. His value can't be measured by what happens on the field alone.

Sign him. End of story.

All this talk of Abreu's trade value- what exactly does anyone think we can get for 2 months of Abreu from any of the contenders? If the value is going to be an A ball lottery pick- who really cares/

This team is beyond the point of trading veterans for building blocks. They've got blocks. Time to start forming those blocks into the structure you've been trying to build.

2020 looks like it will be when that happens. Players will be returning from injury to help solidify, specifically Kopech and Rodon. We have some young pieces that will probably come up sooner rather than later (Cease, Robert, possibly Madrigal).

Sign more pitching and keep Abreu to anchor the team. Any trade return for an Abreu rental won't be worth what is given up. Plus it probably would not bear fruit for 2-3 seasons.

voodoochile
06-27-2019, 10:54 AM
True, you don't build around that player, but every up and coming team needs to have a solid veteran that delivers some performance and who is respected in the clubhouse.

For this team, Abreu is that guy. His value can't be measured by what happens on the field alone.

Sign him. End of story.

This team is beyond the point of trading veterans for building blocks. They've got blocks. Time to start forming those blocks into the structure you've been trying to build.

2020 looks like it will be when that happens. Players will be returning from injury to help solidify, specifically Kopech and Rodon. We have some young pieces that will probably come up sooner rather than later (Cease, Robert, possibly Madrigal).

Sign more pitching and keep Abreu to anchor the team. Any trade return for an Abreu rental won't be worth what is given up. Plus it probably would not bear fruit for 2-3 seasons.

I agree and disagree...

Abreu brings a good presence to the team. I don't see how it's a bad thing though to let the kids have a couple months without him around to see what they become without his guidance. Also, a team never should stop acquiring more building blocks for the right kind of trade. Comes a time a team needs to focus on the "right now", but the Sox aren't there yet and if they can actually get a solid young player in return for Abreu either alone or in tandem with others it should be considered. They can always sign him back this winter if they feel the need.

Frater Perdurabo
06-27-2019, 11:25 AM
I agree and disagree...

Abreu brings a good presence to the team. I don't see how it's a bad thing though to let the kids have a couple months without him around to see what they become without his guidance. Also, a team never should stop acquiring more building blocks for the right kind of trade. Comes a time a team needs to focus on the "right now", but the Sox aren't there yet and if they can actually get a solid young player in return for Abreu either alone or in tandem with others it should be considered. They can always sign him back this winter if they feel the need.

I'm in the camp that favors extending Abreu, but I bolded the part of your post that would get me over to the side of the fence that would be OK with trading him.

Whether it's a straight exchange with a contender, or a more complicated multi-team deal, I'm not interested in receiving package of several prospects who would slot into the back half of our Top 30, or an A-ball prospect unless he's really special. Rather, I'd want to end up with a starting pitching prospect who is at AA or AAA right now and who is a consensus Top 100 prospect as agreed by multiple prospect raters. In other words, I want someone who can help us in 2020 and for the duration of our contention window. We aren't going to get a Kopech or a Cease, but someone along the lines of a healthy Dane Dunning is who I'd want.

HomeFish
06-27-2019, 12:25 PM
I would absolutely trade Abreu for, say, a decent relief pitcher signed for at least 2 years. Or an AA/AAA prospect who seems on the cusp of becoming a decent relief pitcher. This seems worth it when all we are giving up is a few months of Abreu.

Even if he's traded for a few lotto tickets at A-ball who will at best enter the majors in 2023, those guys can then be turned around and traded for a veteran starting pitcher or whatever else the 2021 White Sox need.

Kilroy
06-27-2019, 01:00 PM
I agree and disagree...

That says to me that you think 2020 is not the year the corner will be turned... more like 2021 or 2022. I think they can get heavily into the mix in 2020.

Just my opinion, of course, but I don't want a solid young player in return for Abreu. He's already a solid player, and I think there's a hole that would be created if you move him... especially for what you're likely to get in return. I don't think you don't get rid of him unless you're replacing with at least equal, if not better.

I'm surprised at how little value seems to be placed on him around here.

thomas35forever
06-27-2019, 01:06 PM
I don't want Abreu traded, but if we must, you're really selling him and our organization short if the return is a fringe prospect or an average A ball player. We need to win soon, and looking beyond next season in that respect won't do much good. That window has to open sooner rather than later.

HomeFish
06-27-2019, 01:09 PM
I don't want Abreu traded, but if we must, you're really selling him and our organization short if the return is a fringe prospect or an average A ball player. We need to win soon, and looking beyond next season in that respect won't do much good. That window has to open sooner rather than later.

As opposed to nothing at all if you simply let him walk at the end of the season or re-sign in the offseason without getting traded?

voodoochile
06-27-2019, 01:18 PM

There is nothing preventing them from bringing him back. He's UFA this off season. That's still in the "immediate window" area also.

thomas35forever
06-27-2019, 01:30 PM
Wish granted.

https://twitter.com/Feinsand/status/1144309727268081665?s=19

voodoochile
06-27-2019, 01:33 PM
Wish granted.

https://twitter.com/Feinsand/status/1144309727268081665?s=19

I imagine the Sox are holding off on the news until after the AS voting is over. Then we'll find out who has been called up to cover for Tim, Despaigne and now Yonder.

Mohoney
06-27-2019, 01:34 PM
I'm surprised at how little value seems to be placed on him around here.
Itís not a value judgment on the player. Itís a value judgment on the playerís contract. We need to be able to separate the two.

JermaineDye05
06-27-2019, 01:40 PM
I would be very very interested to hear the front office's comments on this DFA.

WhiteSox5187
06-27-2019, 01:46 PM
I imagine the Sox are holding off on the news until after the AS voting is over. Then we'll find out who has been called up to cover for Tim, Despaigne and now Yonder.

Fulmer was the corresponding move for Despaigne. When is Castillo supposed to come off the IL? I wonder if Alonso got DFA'd to make room for him? But even if Castillo was coming off the IL, you could move Anderson to the IL and have room so I guess there has to be another move.

JermaineDye05
06-27-2019, 01:48 PM
Fulmer was the corresponding move for Despaigne. When is Castillo supposed to come off the IL? I wonder if Alonso got DFA'd to make room for him? But even if Castillo was coming off the IL, you could move Anderson to the IL and have room so I guess there has to be another move.

White Sox are calling up Andrew Vaughn.

voodoochile
06-27-2019, 01:53 PM

Gonna have to do something to get another IF/OF player up here. Even with Collins able to cover 1B when he's not catching they are just very thin right now. I imagine we might see Goins as he's almost a Leury type player who can cover a bunch of different positions and he's having a monster year at Charlotte.

WhiteSox5187
06-27-2019, 02:01 PM
Gonna have to do something to get another IF/OF player up here. Even with Collins able to cover 1B when he's not catching they are just very thin right now. I imagine we might see Goins as he's almost a Leury type player who can cover a bunch of different positions and he's having a monster year at Charlotte.

I was thinking they'd want a middle infielder type, so maybe it's Mendick?

Mohoney
06-27-2019, 02:01 PM
Oblique injuries are pretty awful, and they are even worse if youíre crouching 200+ times a day wearing cumbersome equipment. When he was placed on the IL, I did not think Castillo would be back before the All Star break.

LoveYourSuit
06-27-2019, 02:06 PM
They have so many movable parts that have insignificant value, yet they are so cautious with every move.

Here are my moves:

Palka for Cordell (25 man roster move)

Alonso DFA for Friday's SP (40 man roster move)

Rondon DFA for Mendick (40 man roster move)

TA IL for Covey (25 man roster move)

Other DFA candidates Viera, Ruiz... assuming Moncada can't go.

DumpJerry
06-27-2019, 02:32 PM
I was tempted to start a Yonder Alonso Appreciation thread and close it after the first post, but we try to stay respectful here.

Mohoney
06-27-2019, 02:37 PM
They have so many movable parts that have insignificant value, yet they are so cautious with every move.
Yep. They just flat-out disagree with us that guys like Jose Ruiz, Juan Minaya, and Manny BaŮuelos are worthless, and it makes them act with an overabundance of caution.

Go ahead and put Jose Ruiz and Juan Minaya on waivers right now, Rick. Iíll bet no one even gives a second thought about putting in a claim on either of them.

Just try it out. I would be more than happy to be wrong about this.

ChiTownTrojan
06-27-2019, 02:39 PM

Until Castillo gets back, I agree there is that need. Maybe Palka in the short term. Once Castillo gets back I would think that Collins could fill the backup 1B role while also occasionally catching and DH'ing.

longtimefan
06-27-2019, 03:26 PM
I have a question. Does the service clock start for a minor league player if they're called up to replace an injured player (e.g. Anderson)? This is assuming of course that the player has never been up before with their service time started already.

voodoochile
06-27-2019, 03:28 PM
I have a question. Does the service clock start for a minor league player if they're called up to replace an injured player (e.g. Anderson)? This is assuming of course that the player has never been up before with their service time started already.

Pretty sure yes, or teams would be using this workaround to get players experience without starting the clock. If you're in the majors, you're accruing service time.

ChiTownTrojan
06-27-2019, 03:45 PM
Pretty sure yes, or teams would be using this workaround to get players experience without starting the clock. If you're in the majors, you're accruing service time.

Yes but the prospect can be sent back down to the minors when the injured player gets back, so it might only be 10 days of service time accrued. The hope for top prospects is that when they get called up, they're there to stay.

kobo
06-27-2019, 03:47 PM
Yep. They just flat-out disagree with us that guys like Jose Ruiz, Juan Minaya, and Manny BaŮuelos are worthless, and it makes them act with an overabundance of caution.

Go ahead and put Jose Ruiz and Juan Minaya on waivers right now, Rick. Iíll bet no one even gives a second thought about putting in a claim on either of them.

Just try it out. I would be more than happy to be wrong about this.

You want them to put pitchers on waivers? A team that is already thin on pitching, and you want to see them put pitchers on the active roster on waivers. Makes sense!!

Mohoney
06-27-2019, 03:48 PM
If you’re on a 25-man roster, you’re accruing service time.

kobo
06-27-2019, 03:50 PM
I would be very very interested to hear the front office's comments on this DFA.

I expect it would be something like "we believed Yonder would provide production from the DH spot as well as being able to spell Abreu at first on occasion and his performance has not lived up to those expectations so we decided that it was in his and our best interests to move on at this time".

Mohoney
06-27-2019, 04:03 PM
You want them to put pitchers on waivers? A team that is already thin on pitching, and you want to see them put pitchers on the active roster on waivers. Makes sense!!With those particular pitchers, Iím willing to risk it. Whatís the worst that could happen? We never see them pitch for the White Sox ever again? The horror!

Hitmen77
06-27-2019, 05:24 PM
Maybe Alsono can get together with Dunn, LaRoche, and Swisher and debate who was the bigger bust for the Sox. They can FaceTime Jeff Keppinger into the discussion.

:duck:

I_Liked_Manuel
06-27-2019, 05:41 PM
Fortunately this won't be another Shields/Tatis trade

Frater Perdurabo
06-27-2019, 06:12 PM
Fortunately this won't be another Shields/Tatis trade

Unless Alex Call becomes the next Mike Trout.

LoveYourSuit
06-27-2019, 06:16 PM
You want them to put pitchers on waivers? A team that is already thin on pitching, and you want to see them put pitchers on the active roster on waivers. Makes sense!!

You realize those pitchers mentioned are all below replacement level, which means odds are you can bring up another guy from AAAA and they'd accomplish about the same results at this ML level.

insp
06-27-2019, 08:28 PM

Now that Alonso is gone, Castillo is the next stiff the team needs to consider DFA'ing.

A. Cavatica
06-27-2019, 10:16 PM

And we'll find out if Alonso was voted into the ASG.

voodoochile
06-27-2019, 10:51 PM
You realize those pitchers mentioned are all below replacement level, which means odds are you can bring up another guy from AAAA and they'd accomplish about the same results at this ML level.

You realize someone has to pitch at AAA, right?

Mohoney
06-28-2019, 12:02 AM
You realize someone has to pitch at AAA, right?

We can turn guys like these over more quickly than we do currently. Nondescript relievers who canít throw strikes are in overabundance. We could probably power all of Chicago if we could just find a way to harness the energy produced by errant fastballs from Don Cooper reclamation projects.

Grzegorz
06-28-2019, 03:58 AM
We could probably power all of Chicago if we could just find a way to harness the energy produced by errant fastballs from Don Cooper reclamation projects.

In addition to keeping Orthopedic Surgeons rolling in the dough.

eriqjaffe
06-28-2019, 11:38 AM
Maybe Alsono can get together with Dunn, LaRoche, and Swisher and debate who was the bigger bust for the Sox. They can FaceTime Jeff Keppinger into the discussion.Don't forget Mark Teahen!

TomBradley72
06-28-2019, 11:56 AM
Don't forget Mark Teahen!

Cory Snyder was a pretty big bust too!

slavko
06-28-2019, 12:47 PM
Cory Snyder was a pretty big bust too!
Beat me to it. But he was good before and after CWS.

eriqjaffe
06-28-2019, 02:45 PM
I had forgotten, or had blocked out, Cory Snyder's tenure. Steve Sax, on the other hand...

insp
06-28-2019, 07:28 PM
For those who want to dump several pitchers at once: Isn't Don Cooper supposed to be a great pitching coach? Why not be patient and give him some time to fix things?

Mohoney
06-28-2019, 09:55 PM
For those who want to dump several pitchers at once: Isn't Don Cooper supposed to be a great pitching coach? Why not be patient and give him some time to fix things?
There is no fixing Juan Minaya. His employment status of throwing baseballs at any level of the Chicago White Sox organization needs to be terminated.

A. Cavatica
06-30-2019, 05:48 PM
And we'll find out if Alonso was voted into the ASG.

The results are in!

No.