PDA

View Full Version : Today's game sold out

voodoochile
06-16-2019, 10:46 AM
Sox just tweeted today's game is completely sold out.

LakeShoreSox
06-16-2019, 11:23 AM
I’m excited to see the attendance numbers for the whole series when it is said and done. Is this the first sellout of the year?

Here’s to hoping there are some more fireworks for the crowd like there was Friday night. I’m liking today’s lineup, especially with moncada back in...

Garcia
Anderson
Abreu
McCann
Jimenez
Moncada
Castillo
Sanchez
Cordell

Finally some protection for Eloy. Would love to see him get some pitches to hit. Fun fact: I bought his jersey for my birthday. Since it arrived in the mail (his 2 homer game against HOU), he is slashing .282/.675/1.020. You’re welcome everybody.

It’s also good to be getting Castillo out of that 4 spot.

blandman
06-16-2019, 11:47 AM
Thanks for the heads up, I'll stay home. :tongue:

Three games of Yankees heavy crowds already. Today might be the worst of it. Especially with the matchup.

Mohoney
06-16-2019, 11:47 AM
Sunday games have been drawing pretty good crowds for the past few years. There is a nice “buzz” throughout the park on those days. I think they should try to replicate it by having more day games on Saturdays.

voodoochile
06-16-2019, 12:01 PM
Sunday games have been drawing pretty good crowds for the past few years. There is a nice “buzz” throughout the park on those days. I think they should try to replicate it by having more day games on Saturdays.

Fireworks are a pretty good draw. Would have to move that to Friday if they wanted to continue. Harder for parents to get their kids to the park on Friday though.

blandman
06-16-2019, 12:05 PM
Fireworks are a pretty good draw. Would have to move that to Friday if they wanted to continue. Harder for parents to get their kids to the park on Friday though.

Friday was a fireworks day, and a large crowd. Probably because of fireworks.

Saturdays are going to do better either way.

HomeFish
06-16-2019, 12:49 PM
I'll be in town in early July, mostly during the All-Star Break, and my only option for seeing the Sox is the series against the Cubs. I told myself I'd avoid getting into any trouble with Cubs fans until Eloy is called up, and I guess now he is. Based on the pitching matchups I might dare to show up.

Suffice it to say the paper bags are off a lot of fan's heads.

blandman
06-16-2019, 02:43 PM
I'll be in town in early July, mostly during the All-Star Break, and my only option for seeing the Sox is the series against the Cubs. I told myself I'd avoid getting into any trouble with Cubs fans until Eloy is called up, and I guess now he is. Based on the pitching matchups I might dare to show up.

Suffice it to say the paper bags are off a lot of fan's heads.

I bought tickets for Wednesday in unfriendly territory. But watching Eloy crush Lester while Giolito dominates is too much to pass up.

HomeFish
06-16-2019, 02:45 PM
I bought tickets for Wednesday in unfriendly territory. But watching Eloy crush Lester while Giolito dominates is too much to pass up.

Cubs Fan: Sox suck!
blandman: Yes, actually, they do [lengthy digression about Dunning's weak fastball]

blandman
06-16-2019, 02:47 PM
Cubs Fan: Sox suck!
blandman: Yes, actually, they do [lengthy digression about Dunning's weak fastball]

Bahahahaha