PDA

View Full Version : Sorry Manuel but to even invoke...

Tragg
09-19-2002, 10:24 PM
the fact that Sox fans yell at you and give you a hard time, at a time when a coach was physically assaulted, is low. Heckling is legitimate fan behavior - physically touching someone is criminal battery. They are not in the same stratosphere.

RKMeibalane
09-19-2002, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Tragg
the fact that Sox fans yell at you and give you a hard time, at a time when a coach was physically assaulted, is low. Heckling is legitimate fan behavior - physically touching someone is criminal battery. They are not in the same stratosphere.

Manuel is an idiot. He knows how to do two things: lie and tinker.

:jerry

*TINKER* *TINKER* *TINKER*

duke of dorwood
09-19-2002, 10:45 PM
Everytime I hear Manual, I cant help but think of Bevington.

Jerry_Manuel
09-19-2002, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
Everytime I hear Manual, I cant help but think of Bevington.

But hey, when he goes to the bullpen someone is actually there!

pudge
09-19-2002, 11:14 PM
I have to agree that Manual's comments were assine... "That doesn't represent the typical Chicago fan.." Gee, thanks Jerry... but then he goes on to say Chicago fans have given him a lot of grief. No kidding, 'cause you helped drive a play-off team into the ground the past two seasons. Like anyone cares about the grief you've received. He looks smart on the outside, but I haven't heard any brilliance out his mouth.

Kilroy
09-19-2002, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by pudge
... but then he goes on to say Chicago fans have given him a lot of grief....

Umm, did Jerry say that there was something wrong with fans giving him grief, or only that it happens?

Tragg
09-20-2002, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by Kilroy
Umm, did Jerry say that there was something wrong with fans giving him grief, or only that it happens?

The implication is that he believes there is something wrong with it; otherwise, why would he even bring it up when discussing the horror of last evening?

No-Neck
09-20-2002, 02:16 PM
Mr. Manuel had better appreciate the fact that there are still fans who care enough about this mediocre franchise to actually attend games and show their concern.

Nobody should appreciate those 2 punks. There is a world of difference, yet JM still can't comprehend that.

Without those 12,000 or so die-hards, there is no White Sox in Chicago and Mr. Manuel's tenure as a manager of a MLB club is finis!

I was there last night, and I can honestly say that everyone in the entire park was embarrassed at these 2 morons. For Mr. Manuel to mix this up is completely within his own head.

His mixed-up head is readily apparent on any given day just by looking at the daily strange new non-sensical line-ups over the past 4 years.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-20-2002, 02:27 PM
It has become painful to listen to Manuel this season. His sentences have no beginning, no middle, and no end. I can only think of one time he made a cogent comment all season. That was the quote about liking to tinker even though it usually doesn't work.

It's not hard to understand why the team quit on him back in June and July. We fans are exposed to less than one-tenth what the players in the clubhouse must hear.

RKMeibalane
09-20-2002, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
It has become painful to listen to Manuel this season. His sentences have no beginning, no middle, and no end. I can only think of one time he made a cogent comment all season. That was the quote about liking to tinker even though it usually doesn't work.

:jerry

"Well, I do like to tinker. It's so much fun."

*TINKER* *TINKER* *TINKER* *TINKER* *TINKER* *TINKER* *TINKER*