PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 5/19/19 Daniel Hudson's Revenge Postgamer

thomas35forever
05-19-2019, 04:19 PM
A bummer Herrera had to be the loser, but he can't always be sharp.

cbone
05-19-2019, 04:28 PM
4,5, and 6 0 for 12. Timmy batting 7th 3 for 4 . :angry:

Mohoney
05-19-2019, 04:40 PM
Renteria’s resistance to change is just ridiculous at this point.

TDog
05-19-2019, 04:43 PM

Two of Anderson's hits were soft ground balls on the infield. Each came with two strikes and came as rewards for refusing to be struck out, but it wasn't as if he had a big day at the plate, even with the three hits.

Not taking the lead against Hudson was a factor, and I'm sure he appreciates this relief win more than most, but I figured this game was lost when Lopez could only go six without the Sox putting up some breathing room on the scoreboard, let alone only managing a tie. I don't have nearly the confidence in this White Sox bullpen that some who post here do. Herrera now has been charged with nearly two earned runs for every three innings he has pitched. Fry isn't far behind. A three-inning bullpen game isn't something I want to be playing, even at home against the Blue Jays.

The Sox still had a chance in the eighth, but a double play gutted the rally. Even in the ninth, after Anderson managed to keep the Sox alive, I saw a glimmer of hope when Sanchez was ahead in the count 3-0 with the potential tying run on deck. But this game was lost before Sanchez grounded out.

insp
05-19-2019, 04:57 PM
A bummer Herrera had to be the loser, but he can't always be sharp.

Herrera hasn't been sharp for quite a long time.

Grzegorz
05-19-2019, 06:10 PM
Two of Anderson's hits were soft ground balls on the infield. Each came with two strikes and came as rewards for refusing to be struck out, but it wasn't as if he had a big day at the plate, even with the three hits.
He didn't K; he found a way to get on base. No errors.That's a good day at the office. The loses will be there. It's the personal development of Anderson/Moncada that I am watching. A nice day for both.

HomeFish
05-19-2019, 06:23 PM

Yeah it was a lot like those cheap home runs Joe Crede used to hit, shouldn't count.

Dick Allen
05-19-2019, 06:50 PM
Moncada’s GIDP was the backbreaker.

Chez
05-19-2019, 07:11 PM

Agreed. Sox managed only one home run in the four game series. Hopefully, Abreu's last AB on Sunday is a sign of better day to come for him. He's been scuffling.

Mohoney
05-19-2019, 07:44 PM
Another at-bat that hurt was when Alonso had a 3-0 count and runners on 1st and 2nd in the 6th. He failed, like he usually does. He was late on a 92 mph fastball over the inner part of the plate and hit a lazy fly ball to left.

The part that bothers me the most is that Alonso doesn’t even have cleanup hitter power in the first place.

A. Cavatica
05-19-2019, 08:10 PM
Another at-bat that hurt was when Alonso had a 3-0 count and runners on 1st and 2nd in the 6th. He failed, like he usually does. He was late on a 92 mph fastball over the inner part of the plate and hit a lazy fly ball to left.

The part that bothers me the most is that Alonso doesn’t even have cleanup hitter power in the first place.

The more I watch Alonso, the more I miss Brian Daubach.

TDog
05-19-2019, 08:18 PM
Yeah it was a lot like those cheap home runs Joe Crede used to hit, shouldn't count.

Nowhere did I suggest the hits shouldn't count. I applaud anyone who gets an infield hit while working to stay alive with a two-strike count, and thought I had made that clear. Suggesting that Renteria should have him hit higher in the order based on how well he was hitting today, however, is a bit of a reach.

A. Cavatica
05-19-2019, 08:24 PM
Seriously, the best thing about Alonso is that his name is an anagram for Rodney Saloon.

slavko
05-20-2019, 12:12 AM
The more I watch Alonso, the more I miss Brian Daubach.

But he makes us forget John Jay.

A. Cavatica
05-20-2019, 12:23 AM
But he makes us forget John Jay.

Who?