PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 5/3/19 Sale-ing Away To An Easy Win Postgamer

Lip Man 1
05-03-2019, 10:32 PM
I think those who were talking about the demise of Chris Sale were premature.

He looked overpowering tonight as the Sox had zero answers for him.

Oh well. try again tomorrow.

LoveYourSuit
05-03-2019, 11:07 PM
I think those who were talking about the demise of Chris Sale were premature.

He looked overpowering tonight as the Sox had zero answers for him.

Oh well. try again tomorrow.

His stuff is still elite, even at 91-94. He just needs to accept that and re-organize based on those abilities.

Grzegorz
05-04-2019, 05:37 AM
“Just kind of got back to some old things I used to do. Talked to [manager Alex Cora] and [pitching coach] Dana [LeVangie] a lot over this past week, and getting back to things I used to do and things that made me successful,” Sale said. “Being in the zone. Quality pitches. Just kind of executing in certain counts and being where I needed to be.”

“Last year he took off May 6 in Texas. I was talking about that [Thursday]; the weather is a little bit different here, but he pitched well today,” Cora said. “Fastball was 94, 95, good slider, fastball inside.

https://www.mlb.com/news/chris-sale-dominates-former-team-for-first-win

The Bosox nursed Sale 2019’s ST.

https://www.bostonherald.com/2019/03/11/chris-sale-doesnt-care-if-he-pitches-in-any-grapefruit-league-games/

Maybe there’s better way to prepare for the long season ahead?

LITTLE NELL
05-04-2019, 06:55 AM
You just knew this was going to happen, Sale has been bad in all his starts in April but all of a sudden he finds his stuff against us.

Railsplitter
05-04-2019, 07:43 AM
Not exactly a surprise. Sale was going to get it together eventually

voodoochile
05-04-2019, 08:19 AM
Not exactly a surprise. Sale was going to get it together eventually

And maybe he had a little extra motivation last night?

Chez
05-04-2019, 08:24 AM
Sale had great command; but it's odd to see him top out at "only" 94.

guillensdisciple
05-04-2019, 01:48 PM
All analysis points to the White Sox having one of, if not the, worst pitching staffs in baseball. With Rodon seemingly gone for a long period of time, and us relying on improved performances from Gio and Rey, there is potential that the White Sox are a five or six game losing streak away from this season collapsing on itself. I know this sounds gloomy, but we have to be realistic. It is unlikely the White Sox will sustain their offensive output given that they are the highest average BABIP team in baseball. That means there is a likely regression coming offensively.

This pitching staff does not have a stopper. There is no one to stop the bleeding if the bleeding begins. That is what will likely doom this season. I take the current record with a grain of heavy salt. I expect that we will struggle mightily in May, and our record will never "normalize" after it.

The marker should be 70 wins to show improvement. It will be tough given the state of our pitching. We rely on far too many "ifs" as an organization.

LITTLE NELL
05-04-2019, 01:56 PM
All analysis points to the White Sox having one of, if not the, worst pitching staffs in baseball. With Rodon seemingly gone for a long period of time, and us relying on improved performances from Gio and Rey, there is potential that the White Sox are a five or six game losing streak away from this season collapsing on itself. I know this sounds gloomy, but we have to be realistic. It is unlikely the White Sox will sustain their offensive output given that they are the highest average BABIP team in baseball. That means there is a likely regression coming offensively.

This pitching staff does not have a stopper. There is no one to stop the bleeding if the bleeding begins. That is what will likely doom this season. I take the current record with a grain of heavy salt. I expect that we will struggle mightily in May, and our record will never "normalize" after it.

The marker should be 70 wins to show improvement. It will be tough given the state of our pitching. We rely on far too many "ifs" as an organization.

I hate to say it because of all the losing we've been through stinks but you are probably right on the money.

EDIT...With the Carmines win last night and getting blown away tonight we might be at the start of that 6 game losing streak you speak about.