PDA

View Full Version : Jeter's catch last night

Paulwny
08-10-2001, 01:41 PM
If anyone saw Jeter,s catch on ESPN highlights, I'd like you to know that it was no-play. The ball hit the cat-walk in foul territory and the rule is that it's a dead ball, only balls that hit the cat-walk in fair territory are in play. Strange ground rule. Why show a defensive high light if it didn't mean anything?

Fisk Fan
08-10-2001, 02:01 PM
You're right! I saw the play on Web Gems and they made it clear that it was ruled a dead ball. ESPN is known for showing crap like that, and taking away from a real catch or great play. I saw on an episode last week when a player hit a ball down the line and rolled into an empty beer cup that landed on the field. How the hell is that a Web Gem? BTW, I thought that Darren Erstadt made a better play on that day when he dove to rob a sure-fire double.

Anti-props to ESPN for that garbage!

Paulwny
08-10-2001, 02:07 PM
I also saw the ball-cup fiasco on local sports here, they showed it under the headding of sport's follies, a lot more appropriate.

FarWestChicago
08-10-2001, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny
I also saw the ball-cup fiasco on local sports here, they showed it under the headding of sport's follies, a lot more appropriate.

Same with local sports here. Of course, it's not surprising for local shows to be responsible than ESPN.

Fisk Fan
08-10-2001, 02:15 PM
Well, at least they called a spade a spade. I wonder how Chimp would have described that play.

voodoochile
08-10-2001, 02:29 PM
I wonder how Chimp would have described that play.

:chimp
"Rocket Shot... He took it in the cup... That's gotta hurt, huh, Joe?"

:carter
"Are you old enough to drink beer yet? Where were you on8/8/88?"

:chimp
"banging your daughter, old man..."

(sounds of a scuffle break out...)