PDA

View Full Version : *OFFICIAL* 4.18. 19 Postgamer...Welcome back to the bigs Fullmer

LITTLE NELL
04-18-2019, 03:32 PM
You score 7 runs and the other team commits 4 errors and you expect to win but bad pitching leads to another loss, those of us hoping for a new Fullmer might have seen enough of him. Nova and Herrera didn't help the cause either. Too bad Yoan struck out with sacks packed with Sox in the top of the 8th after we came back to tie it up.

Tragg
04-18-2019, 03:44 PM
Rick Hahn's main man, Ivan Nova, didn't help either. Yea, he liked him 5 years ago. That whole thing was ridiculous.

I hate losing to this ****ing team.

Flight #24
04-18-2019, 03:51 PM
Nova pitched ok but crapped the bed when it counted. But why oh why was he out for the 7th?

And Fulmer? I'm done - back to AAA for good or just cut his sorry a$$.

Have to keep reminding myself of the mantra: Everyone who counts had a decent day except Moncada, who gets an occasional mulligan. And it would have been nice to have Cordell instead of Palka last week.

WhiteSox5187
04-18-2019, 03:52 PM
Nova pitched ok but crapped the bed when it counted. But why oh why was he out for the 7th?

And Fulmer? I'm done - back to AAA for good or just cut his sorry a$$.

Have to keep reminding myself of the mantra: Everyone who counts had a decent day except Moncada, who gets an occasional mulligan. And it would have been nice to have Cordell instead of Palka last week.

Nova was out there because the bullpen had to cover a lot of ground yesterday. I get trying to get the extra inning out of the starter.

GoSox2K3
04-18-2019, 03:57 PM
Rick Hahn's main man, Ivan Nova, didn't help either. Yea, he liked him 5 years ago. That whole thing was ridiculous.

I hate losing to this ****ing team.

Yeah, Ivan Nova was Rick Hahn's "main man" in this rebuild, not Eloy Jimenez. :rolleyes: Of course, I get that we only are supposed to mention players that the Sox acquired who suck. Should have gotten more for Yordi Rosario.

:welcome:

Lip Man 1
04-18-2019, 04:04 PM
2nd game this year the Sox lost when they had a lead in the 7th inning or later. This one is on Nova/Herrera but Fulmer didn't make things any easier.

I've seen enough of this guy. period. Ship him out or cut his ass, another failed first round pick by this organization.

voodoochile
04-18-2019, 04:05 PM
Yeah, Ivan Nova was Rick Hahn's "main man" in this rebuild, not Eloy Jimenez. :rolleyes: Of course, I get that we only are supposed to mention players that the Sox acquired who suck. Should have gotten more for Yordi Rosario.

:welcome:

And of course we can only scream about how horrible it is when Nova has a bad outing not when he's had a good one as he has twice this year.

Camilo, carry-on
04-18-2019, 04:14 PM
THe top three in the lineup go 0 for 15. What's wrong with Abreu?

LITTLE NELL
04-18-2019, 04:16 PM
And of course we can only scream about how horrible it is when Nova has a bad outing not when he's had a good one as he has twice this year.

His ERA of 6.23 isn't going to win a lot of games.

voodoochile
04-18-2019, 04:38 PM
His ERA of 6.23 isn't going to win a lot of games.

Agreed but kind of simplistic.

He's had two excellent outings and one horrible one. Today's was bad but he stayed in too long due to bullpen concerns.

Most of his ERA problems are from the horrible outing he had in his second start where he gave up 7 runs in 2.1 innings.

In his other three starts including today he's gone a combined 19.1 innings and given up 8 earned runs which is a 3.72 ERA. Now if he continues to suck 1/4 starts then it will be an issues, but if that's more of an aberration he should be fine as a #4/5 starter.

Today's outing is not included at this time in this list:

http://www.espn.com/mlb/player/gamelog/_/id/30400/ivan-nova

RCWHITESOX
04-18-2019, 04:54 PM
Unfortunately the Sox will continue to lose games like this which they had no business losing because of their horrendous pitching. Games like this just drive me nuts. And you have to ask why Cooper is still here when this team has poor pitching numbers across the board; and not just this year. This division is up for grabs and the Sox should be making moves to address needs.

LITTLE NELL
04-18-2019, 04:57 PM
Unfortunately the Sox will continue to lose games like this which they had no business losing because of their horrendous pitching. Games like this just drive me nuts. And you have to ask why Cooper is still here when this team has poor pitching numbers across the board; and not just this year. This division is up for grabs and the Sox should be making moves to address needs.

Spot on and the greatest need is a new pitching coach, how Cooper has
kept his job the last 5 years is a huge mystery.

Mohoney
04-18-2019, 04:59 PM
Ivan Nova’s job is to provide 150+ innings while Michael Kopech recovers from surgery and Dylan Cease serves the last season of his minor league apprenticeship. He has pitched into the 7th inning in 3 of his 4 starts. So far, so good.

Maximo
04-18-2019, 05:28 PM
Spot on and the greatest need is a new pitching coach, how Cooper has
kept his job the last 5 years is a huge mystery.

They need him to take attendance at the home games.

LoveYourSuit
04-18-2019, 05:31 PM
Nova was out there because the bullpen had to cover a lot of ground yesterday. I get trying to get the extra inning out of the starter.

He was at 80 pitches only, going into the 7th. The problem with the guys is he just can't strike many folks out. Too many balls in play, plus a leaky defense to go with it.

Eloy looks like he's on a hoverboard in LF.

Abreu and his delusional idea that he is a good 1B and the Sox not having the balls to tell him to go **** off and DH :angry: Frank Thomas a HOF hitter was told to ride the pine, but no one in the past 2 regimes has had the balls to tell this clown to lose the mit. :angry: Do they not watch the same games we do? He's a rec league fielder on a good night down in 1B.

LoveYourSuit
04-18-2019, 05:36 PM
BTW, I like what I see from Ryan Cordell. Not only hitting, but good routes in the OF.

He more than likely will flop like most fringed prospects, but you don't know until you give it a chance.

guillensdisciple
04-18-2019, 05:44 PM
Really hope we can do something with the relatively easy 16 game stretch post Yankees.. 500 over the stretch isnt good enough. 9-7 or 10-6 is ideal. So far 2-2, and losing games we should win.

voodoochile
04-18-2019, 05:48 PM
BTW, I like what I see from Ryan Cordell. Not only hitting, but good routes in the OF.

He more than likely will flop like most fringed prospects, but you don't know until you give it a chance.

He has hit all through the minors at every level.

Harry Chappas
04-18-2019, 05:53 PM

Kind of puzzling that they sent him down and kept Palka-mania for as long as they did. I've got a soft spot for these AAAA guys. Someday, one of them will stick.

voodoochile
04-18-2019, 06:01 PM
Kind of puzzling that they sent him down and kept Palka-mania for as long as they did. I've got a soft spot for these AAAA guys. Someday, one of them will stick.

I don't know if Cordell is truly an AAAA player. He has really never had a chance to prove himself at the majors despite having the pedigree and numbers to get a look, but the last two years when he would have been given a chance he's had season ending injuries - lower back and then broken clavicle.

Honestly speaking for all we know we just lucked into a genuine major league outfielder who hasn't had the chance to show what he can do because of injuries.

Lip Man 1
04-18-2019, 06:11 PM
THe top three in the lineup go 0 for 15. What's wrong with Abreu?

He's been a slow starter usually but something really looks wrong this year. Maybe his age is catching up with him? With power hitters it can go in a flash.

Hitmen77
04-18-2019, 06:40 PM

Once they sent Cordell down on April 7, I believe they were stuck keeping him there for 10 days barring injury to a major league player. I'm guessing that they were basically counting down the days until April 17 to swap Palka for him on the Sox roster.

Grzegorz
04-18-2019, 07:30 PM
I don't know if Cordell is truly an AAAA player. He has really never had a chance to prove himself at the majors despite having the pedigree and numbers to get a look, but the last two years when he would have been given a chance he's had season ending injuries - lower back and then broken clavicle.

Honestly speaking for all we know we just lucked into a genuine major league outfielder who hasn't had the chance to show what he can do because of injuries.
I hope you're right.

Mohoney
04-18-2019, 07:38 PM
Really hope we can do something with the relatively easy 16 game stretch post Yankees.. 500 over the stretch isnt good enough. 9-7 or 10-6 is ideal. So far 2-2, and losing games we should win.
Teams like the Tigers and Royals look at us as part of their “relatively easy stretch.”

longtimefan
04-18-2019, 07:52 PM

Cordell was actually looking better than Palka in spring training. But I guess they figured "...well Palka hit a bunch of HRs for us last year...". Oh well. Hopefully, Ryan does well and Daniel gets it together in the minors.

LoveYourSuit
04-18-2019, 09:07 PM
Teams like the Tigers and Royals look at us as part of their “relatively easy stretch.”

LOL, no kidding.

A. Cavatica
04-18-2019, 10:35 PM
He has hit all through the minors at every level.

He's played in some really good hitter's parks. But he doesn't have to be an All Star...he just has to be better than Palka/Delmonico/Engel/Garcia/Tilson.

Tragg
04-18-2019, 10:52 PM
A lot of the problem was the manager sending him back out there when he was obviously spent. Of course the bullpen was a bit thin, thanks in part to using Colome unnecessarily on Tuesday.
Poor Fulmer.

Noneck
04-18-2019, 10:52 PM
I havent seen enough of him defensively. Id love if he can play RF well. Cordell I am speaking of.

guillensdisciple
04-19-2019, 08:36 AM
He's played in some really good hitter's parks. But he doesn't have to be an All Star...he just has to be better than Palka/Delmonico/Engel/Garcia/Tilson.

He is an improvement. I wish we had a way to fix our pitching.

It is a disaster.

TomBradley72
04-19-2019, 08:38 AM
Sucks to lose another winnable game- I'm not giving up on Fulmer as a bullpen arm just yet, but I don't think they're helping him by shuttling him back and forth from Charlotte- let him stay in AAA for a few months and get locked in as a reliever, when he gets called up next- hopefully he sticks.

It will be huge if Cordell can actually be a legit RF/CF for this team- we desperately need the defense as well as the RH bat- especially vs. LH. Nice value for the Swarzak flip if he's for real.

If we can add Cordell to Anderson, Moncada and Jimenez as legit young position players, to me that's a very promising development vs. all the question marks we had entering the season. Any development of this roster that starts to nudge the AAAA guys out of the picture is fine with me.

When Giolito is off the IL, then we call up Hamilton when he's ready, and Cease later in the season- the pitching gradually improves internally. Evan Marhall is looking pretty good at Charlotte- might be a nice piece to stop the bleeding a little bit.(Jordan Stephens is on the 40 man- so he might get bumped to make room- with his 8.80 ERA, 1.83 WHIP at AAA)

LakeShoreSox
04-19-2019, 09:41 AM
I was at Vanderbilt at the same time as Fulmer and he helped us win the CWS so unfortunately I'm extremely biased partial towards the Fulmer expierment working. For that reason I don't think that I should be offering my opinion too much but I am definitely still keeping my hopes up with him. His delivery, as the guys on the broadcast mentioned, is so much more under control than it has ever been, but there is still a lot of room for improvement as the 2 HBP's showed.

While the stranded RISP wasn't as bad as it was against the Royals, this was the second straight game of missed opportunities that could have put so many more runs on the board. It is one thing for some of the bottom-of-the-order guys to strand these runners, but it really hurts when Moncada can't even make fair contact in one of these crucial situations.

I am hopeful for but not expectant of an above .500 stretch vs. DET and BAL. It sucks that Herrera didn't get a day off yesterday because I feel pretty certain that one of these next few games will provide an obvious hold situation and a different bullpen bum is going to end up losing the lead. So I actually have no problem with Nova eating up these low PC innings.

Grzegorz
04-19-2019, 10:47 AM
I was at Vanderbilt at the same time as Fulmer and he helped us win the CWS so unfortunately I'm extremely biased partial towards the Fulmer expierment working. For that reason I don't think that I should be offering my opinion too much but I am definitely still keeping my hopes up with him.
Consider that he was just called up and was put into a game. I am starting to see Mohoney's point about RR.

TomBradley72
04-19-2019, 11:01 AM
Consider that he was just called up and was put into a game. I am starting to see Mohoney's point about RR.

What other option did he have? Losing Giolito the day before led to using 5 relievers- which led to overextending Nova and going to Fulmer when Herrera was ineffective.

hdog1017
04-19-2019, 11:01 AM
Carson Fullmer doing Carson Fullmer things.