PDA

View Full Version : Whatever happened to Clayton

basilesox
09-19-2002, 02:04 AM
I just remember hearing that Jimenez was up, because Graffy went down with an injury. What actually happened to Clayton? i know i am amazed i dont know this, or actually waited so long to ask, but I really dont care as long as he is not playing.

RichH55
09-19-2002, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by basilesox
I just remember hearing that Jimenez was up, because Graffy went down with an injury. What actually happened to Clayton? i know i am amazed i dont know this, or actually waited so long to ask, but I really dont care as long as he is not playing.

He caught the unconditional waiver bus about 2 years too late. Though with Royce it was the short bus, so perhaps thats why it took so long to get here

PaleHoseGeorge
09-19-2002, 03:55 AM
Originally posted by basilesox

He was given his unconditional release last week, either because (depending on who you believe) he was wearing tennis shoes in the dugout and missed a pinch-hitting assignment, or he didn't.

I know for fact he has been wearing tennis shoes since sometime back in August. He was also sitting out in the bullpen during a game in Toronto. He fielded a foul ball there. Did it flawlessly too, of course.

:gulp:

The important thing is, his momma loves him and he set a fielding record that will probably remain for all time. We know this because those were his parting words.

White Sox Interactive--miss a little, miss a lot!

:gulp: :gulp: