PDA

View Full Version : We Clinch!

Viva Magglio
09-18-2002, 10:13 PM
I'm fully aware that this really does not matter much in the grand scheme of things. However, tonight is a night to celebrate something if my calculations are correct.

With their 2-1 loss this evening to the New York Mets, the Chicago Cubs have assured themselves of finishing in second place of the Chicago Division.

2002 Chicago White Sox
2002 Chicago Baseball Champions

Yeah, I know that it only really means this makes us the validictorian of summer school. But after hearing the Chicago Sports Thought Police "assure" everyone that the Cubs would have a better record than we will, well...

HawkDJ
09-18-2002, 10:15 PM
You just don't see that too much these days.

RichH55
09-19-2002, 12:30 AM
Hey it wins you some bets here and again though doesnt it:)

duke of dorwood
09-19-2002, 08:42 AM
I've learned to survive on the little things living here.

Chisox353014
09-19-2002, 01:02 PM
Well, at least they accomplished my absolute minimum requirement for a White Sox team...being better than the Flubs.

Beating the Flubs? check
Finishing above .500? maybe
Winning the division? nope
Winning our 1st playoff game at home since '59? next year
Winning a playoff series? uh-uh
Making the World Series? BWAHAHAHA
Winning it all? maybe in 2052

voodoochile
09-19-2002, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2
You just don't see that too much these days.

Exactly. In reality, the title of this thread should be "Flubs Clinch" because that is truly what happened. By clinching a below .500 record, the flubbies eliminated themselves from contention for best baseball record in the city. Of course since they have only had 6 winning seasons in the last 30 years, it isn't like it was unexpected...

chisoxfanatic
09-19-2002, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Chisox353014
Winning it all? maybe in 2052
More like the year 2525 with the way things are going in the front office. You know, I think maybe our futility was what prompted Zager Evans to record his song.

Heather the Redbird

Bucktown
09-19-2002, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by chisoxfanatic
More like the year 2525 with the way things are going in the front office. You know, I think maybe our futility was what prompted Zager Evans to record his song.

If man is still alive. If woman can survive.

Daver
09-19-2002, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by chisoxfanatic

Heather the Redbird

Zager and Evans are two different people,Zager disappeared into obscurity,and Evans was a small time player in the the blue grass feild,and eventually ended up as a session musician out of Nashville.