PDA

View Full Version : Sox Prospects make a splash

Vsahajpal
09-18-2002, 05:53 PM
The Mesa White Sox accounted for 5 of the league's top 20 prospects, 4 of them were 2002 draftees. How did you guys like your crow? :)

Micah Schnurstein, 18 y/o 3b out of Basic, Nevada was the highest rated Sox prospect coming in at #2 overall, bookended by a pair of Cubs. He was drafted in the 7th round of this past summer's Rule IV draft. He lead the league in doubles and RBI, and drew comparisons to Scott Rolen from the Mariners' manager.

2 southpaws, Daniel Haigwood and Ryan Rodriguez (both high school drafts from this summer) finished in the top 10, Haigwood at # 6 and Roddo at #10. Personally, I liked Roddo more, he had better velocity and a wonderful curve.

OF Chris Young, a 2001 draftee made the list at #13 despite hitting .217. Managers liked his tools.

6'7" RHP Brandon McCarthy checked in at #17 after leading the circuit in K's.

Daver
09-18-2002, 05:57 PM
Thanx for the update Vic.

I still think you are more a Sox fan than a Cub fan though,you can admit it,your among freinds..........:redneck

RichH55
09-18-2002, 06:30 PM
The high schoolers worry me, but Scott Rolen type, those words catch your eye :cool:

Lip Man 1
09-18-2002, 09:22 PM
That's great news isn't it?

Well have some more "can't miss kids" (read: cheap) when this club rebuilds AGAIN in four years!!!

LOL

Lip

LongDistanceFan
09-18-2002, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal
The Mesa White Sox accounted for 5 of the league's top 20 prospects, 4 of them were 2002 draftees. How did you guys like your crow? :)

Micah Schnurstein, 18 y/o 3b out of Basic, Nevada was the highest rated Sox prospect coming in at #2 overall, bookended by a pair of Cubs. He was drafted in the 7th round of this past summer's Rule IV draft. He lead the league in doubles and RBI, and drew comparisons to Scott Rolen from the Mariners' manager.

2 southpaws, Daniel Haigwood and Ryan Rodriguez (both high school drafts from this summer) finished in the top 10, Haigwood at # 6 and Roddo at #10. Personally, I liked Roddo more, he had better velocity and a wonderful curve.

OF Chris Young, a 2001 draftee made the list at #13 despite hitting .217. Managers liked his tools.

6'7" RHP Brandon McCarthy checked in at #17 after leading the circuit in K's.

speaking of crow, make mine well done and pass the hot sauce. pls. :D:

Randar68
09-19-2002, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal

Well, I don't need the crow from any of these guys, but Jeremy Reed is making me think about trying the Grilled Crow if he hits like this next year. He still has limited speed and doesn't walk enough, but he's looking good so far other than that.