PDA

View Full Version : Sox/Cubs magic number 1

Nellie_Fox
09-18-2002, 11:23 AM
Just looking for the few bright spots, and I hadn't seen anyone else mentioning this. Get ready to collect your bets from your Cub fan co-workers.

voodoochile
09-18-2002, 12:19 PM
The Sox have to finish over .500 for my bet to kick in on my seasonal bet with one of my good buddies. We long ago agreed that "no one wants to bet on a sub .500 team, so if neither one finishes above .500 there is no bet." Not a bad bet modifier to have with a flubs fan. THey so rarely finish above .500 anyway that it negates the bet almost half the times I lose - not that that has happened often recently...

:D:

Nellie_Fox
09-19-2002, 01:04 PM
Okay, Voodoo. Last night the Sox locked the better record with a win and a Cubs loss. They also got back to .500. The only problem for you is that they have to go 6-4 in their remaining ten games, and nine of those are against the Twins and Red Sox. Fortunately, neither team will be playing for anything by then; the Twins will be getting their lineup and rotation set for the playoffs, and the Red Sox will have just been eliminated by the Yankees.

Procol Harum
09-19-2002, 01:19 PM
Problem is it's getting tougher--at least out here in picturesque DuPage--to find Cub fans who are actually dumb enough to be willing to bet money that the Cubs will win more games than the Sox. They're still dumb enough to throw all their moolah at the Tribune Company for a chance to eat a hot dog and drink beer while watching pathetic baseball, but they're tired of shovelling over their money to Sox fan acquaintances on a sucker bet :D: