PDA

View Full Version : Brawling Yankees?

voodoochile
09-15-2002, 10:19 AM
Orlando Hernandez punched Posada in the face yesterday before the game... Here's the text from the Trib...

NEW YORK -- All was quiet in the New York Yankees' clubhouse Saturday morning before their nationally televised game with the White Sox.

Manager Joe Torre was in the dugout giving an update on the progress of Mariano Rivera's comeback from a shoulder injury. Roger Clemens was preparing for his start, and Jason Giambi was talking about the possibility of playing the A's, his former team, in the postseason.

But in a flash, the clubhouse quickly devolved into a scene worthy of a Quentin Tarantino movie. Pitcher Orlando Hernandez stalked out of the trainers' room after catcher Jorge Posada, screaming obscenities in Spanish. Posada turned around in time to see Hernandez toss down two hand weights and punch him in the face.

and this (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-020928soxyankeesgamer2.story?coll=cs%2Dwhitesox%2D headlines) would be the link...

Paulwny
09-15-2002, 10:30 AM
Ah, the yankmee bs, everyone loves one another, comes to an end. It'll be interesting to hear the spin the yankmee announcers put on this issue. I'm sure the propaganda machine has been working overtime.

RichH55
09-16-2002, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny
Ah, the yankmee bs, everyone loves one another, comes to an end. It'll be interesting to hear the spin the yankmee announcers put on this issue. I'm sure the propaganda machine has been working overtime.

"Not quite the Bronx Zoo" wink wink nudge nudge....happens to the best of them, it will be worked out, competitive nature getting the best of them, yadda yadda

Foulke You
09-17-2002, 03:56 PM
Trouble in the NY clubhouse eh? I think (hope) this might be the year where we finally won't have to see the Yankees in the World Series. They didn't look like they were getting geared up for the playoffs against the White Sox. I just don't see them stopping the West Coast teams, the A's and Angels are smoking hot right now and they have younger arms. Clemens and Mussina looked tired to me during the Sox series. Keep in mind that Clemens is 40 and so is David Wells. Pleeaaase let this fight blow up the Yankee clubhouse!!!