PDA

View Full Version : Possible "elimination day" tomorrow

HawkDJ
09-14-2002, 11:48 PM
The Twins magic number is down to 2, meaning tomorrow could be the day the Twins clinch, if the Twins win and the Sox lose. Tick...Tock...Tick..Tock

Conehead
09-15-2002, 08:42 AM
IS there any hope left... :cleo ??????

:D:

ChiWhiteSox1337
09-15-2002, 04:17 PM
well, after all the rain delays for both minnesota and the sox, and now the games are over, as cubs fans say, maybe next year...

:whiner: :(: :whiner:

PaleHoseGeorge
09-15-2002, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by ChiWhiteSox1337
well, after all the rain delays for both minnesota and the sox, and now the games are over, as cubs fans say, maybe next year...

:whiner: :(: :whiner:

I've been in favor of euthansia to cure this brain dead outfit since at least mid-July.

Good riddance, I say. Bring on 2003.

Twins8791
09-15-2002, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Conehead
IS there any hope left... :cleo ??????

No, Miss Cleo will definitely be indicted and convicted... :smile:

bc2k
09-15-2002, 08:51 PM
I take great satisfaction that the Twins couldn't celebrate on Jacobs Field. I just read an article saying that they had to watch and wait to see what the Sox would do in the clubhouse.

And in 2000 we celebrated in their home field in front of them and their fans. Just like what were going to do in 2003.

duke of dorwood
09-15-2002, 09:14 PM
:ray

I say no way the Twins can win next year

Lip Man 1
09-15-2002, 10:46 PM
And in 2000 we celebrated in their home field in front of them and their fans. Just like what were going to do in 2003.

Anything's possible (I guess) but with a 45 million dollar payroll and no additional quality starting pitching help, I wouldn't hold my breath (or yours!)

Lip

RichH55
09-16-2002, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1

Anything's possible (I guess) but with a 45 million dollar payroll and no additional quality starting pitching help, I wouldn't hold my breath (or yours!)

Lip

Offseason hasnt started yet, let alone ended....might want to save this post for a month or 4

PaleHoseGeorge
09-16-2002, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
:ray

I say no way the Twins can win next year

Boy, that pretty well sums up this season, doesn't it? Durham sank us before the first pitch was thrown, and now he's in Oakland begging to be brought back. Fat chance that will happen.

The other quote of the year was Manuel admitting he loves to tinker, even though it usually doesn't work out.

:KW
"What about be turning over the clubhouse buffet table and calling the whole team 'bitches'? I mean, where's the love?"

:ohno
"We're doomed for years to come."

Lip Man 1
09-16-2002, 07:14 PM
Rich55:

You obviously haven't been following Jerry Reinsdorf closely for the past 21 years have you?

Lip

RichH55
09-18-2002, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Rich55:

You obviously haven't been following Jerry Reinsdorf closely for the past 21 years have you?

Lip

Well the enviroment of the game and the economics of the game have certainly changed in those 21 years....and well he might not preside over teams that have made all the right moves, they have made big moves in the past(Belle and Navarro come straight to mind), Wells had a big contract as did Clayton...plus alot of money has been cleared off the books for next season, so there should be some leeway for KW(whether he uses it to full benefit is another debate). I dont think we are going to be taking a flyer on top line talent, but I still think there are moves that could legitimately be made and I think September is just a touch pre-mature to write off the offseason no matter how much a pessimist one is