PDA

View Full Version : WSI's Tinkerer Update

Jerry_Manuel
09-14-2002, 06:11 PM
WSI's Tinkerer Update: Thomas sits, Lee bats #3, Liefer in LF and Willie Harris at 2B with Jimenez bounced back to shortstop. Is that clear?

Harris was in center, Jose was at Short, and Jimenez was at 2nd.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-14-2002, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
Harris was in center, Jose was at Short, and Jimenez was at 2nd.

LOL! You have a real passion for the Tinkerer Update, don'tcha Jerry!

It's fixed, thanks to you.

:)

Jerry_Manuel
09-14-2002, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
LOL! You have a real passion for the Tinkerer Update, don'tcha Jerry!

It's fixed, thanks to you.

I guess I do.

My guess is all his previous tinkering moves blended together in your head.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-14-2002, 07:19 PM
I guess I do.

My guess is all his previous tinkering moves blended together in your head.

I admit, the Tinkerer is such a tinkering fool, it's difficult for me to keep up with him!

:gulp:

rmusacch
09-14-2002, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
I admit, the Tinkerer is such a tinkering fool, it's difficult for me to keep up with him!

:gulp:

If he is going to tinker Rowand AND Lee out of the lineup, why not tinker Bazooka Joe into the lineup?

duke of dorwood
09-14-2002, 09:59 PM
This "evaluation" process can't be serious with these guys in different spots every day.

Jerry_Manuel
09-14-2002, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by rmusacch
If he is going to tinker Rowand AND Lee out of the lineup, why not tinker Bazooka Joe into the lineup?

They for one reason or another don't want to sit Valentin. They could work Jimenez and Harris in there, if they did that.

Just put Lee/Thomas at DH, Borchard in LF, Rowand in CF, and Magglio in RF. Why their playing Jeff Liefer is beyond me.

voodoochile
09-14-2002, 11:39 PM
They for one reason or another don't want to sit Valentin. They could work Jimenez and Harris in there, if they did that.

Just put Lee/Thomas at DH, Borchard in LF, Rowand in CF, and Magglio in RF. Why their playing Jeff Liefer is beyond me.

My bet is they're hoping Leifer gets "hot" and hits a few home runs which might raise his trade value from zero to a bag of sunflower seeds or two...

RichH55
09-16-2002, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
My bet is they're hoping Leifer gets "hot" and hits a few home runs which might raise his trade value from zero to a bag of sunflower seeds or two...

Or it could be a definate sign that Rowand and/or Lee will be shopped heavily in the offseason