PDA

View Full Version : 9-5 the rest of the way...

Tragg
09-13-2002, 10:12 PM
and we finish above .500. We will have accomplished something in 2 disappointing season that a certain other club hasn't done in 35 seasons.
Unfortunately, it will be near impossible to prevent the twins from clinching before the come to chicago next weekend - need lots of help from the Tigers and Tribe to do that.

duke of dorwood
09-13-2002, 10:15 PM
And the Tinker person may survive for sure

:jerry

Tinker with me
In 2003

Jerry_Manuel
09-13-2002, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood

Williams will be here. He's pulling the strings.

Manuel will continue to be his puppet.

As for the Twins, they better clinch before they come here. If they clinch it here, you'll have people like Voodoo complaining that Manuel can't motivate the players to win.

Tragg
09-13-2002, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood

:jerry

Tinker with me
In 2003

Until they do something about the real problem, an incompetent GM, you'll just have puppet #2 if you don't have manuel.

voodoochile
09-13-2002, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
Williams will be here. He's pulling the strings.

Manuel will continue to be his puppet.

As for the Twins, they better clinch before they come here. If they clinch it here, you'll have people like Voodoo complaining that Manuel can't motivate the players to win.

And rightfully so...

Still, if the magic number is 1 next weekend, I won't object if they clinch it here. If we come in and it is still 4, then I will be upset if we give it up on our own home field...

cheeses_h_rice
09-13-2002, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
And rightfully so...

Still, if the magic number is 1 next weekend, I won't object if they clinch it here. If we come in and it is still 4, then I will be upset if we give it up on our own home field...

I may be wrong, but I believe the Twins' magic # was 3 going into tonight's games.

voodoochile
09-13-2002, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
I may be wrong, but I believe the Twins' magic # was 3 going into tonight's games.

That's what I thought, but the dynamite graphic signature still said 4 earlier today and that is what I went with...

sox_fan_forever
09-13-2002, 11:04 PM
I'm pretty sure that the Twins magic number was/is 2, but I could also be wrong.

Tragg
09-13-2002, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by sox_fan_forever
I'm pretty sure that the Twins magic number was/is 2, but I could also be wrong.

2 to tie, and 3 to win.

34 Inch Stick
09-14-2002, 12:08 PM
Look at the records for the last 15 years and you would think it was the Sox who would be drawing 35,000. I think the Sox were in the top 5 winning percentages throughout the 90's. The problem is, not many division championships.

The chairman was a real estate wiz in another life. Wouldn't it be in his best interests to buy up property around the park and develop it into the adult Disneyland around Wrigley. Bridgeport is hot right now and some help from the Sox could make that neighborhood a boom town. It would not even cost that much to purchase the property because one side is expressway.

Lip Man 1
09-14-2002, 12:14 PM
The White Sox had the 2nd best regular season record in the A.L. during the decade of the 90's trailing only the Yankees.

I think (not sure) the Sox had the 3rd best regular season record in baseball during the decade of the 90's (behind the Braves and Yankees)

The crucial difference though was the fact the Sox only made the playoffs one time and flamed out in that apperance! Losing all three home games.

Like a few Chicago writers have correctly pointed out, the Sox blew golden opportunity chances as far back as 1990 because they were ALWAYS a piece of the puzzle short. No doubt because a certain "fiscally responsible" owner refused to go out and spend $$$ to get that piece.

Absolutely sickening.

Lip

HawkDJ
09-14-2002, 01:05 PM
Yeah the magic number is 3.