PDA

View Full Version : Mariotti loves Sammy

Jerry_Manuel
08-10-2001, 08:21 AM
:moron
Damn you Don Baylor! Sosa was going to hit his 4th homer and do yet another curtain call and you take him out of the game!

Jay and Sammy sitting in a tree (http://www.suntimes.com/output/mariotti/cst-spt-jay10.html)

Chisox353014
08-10-2001, 09:03 AM
The neurotic creatures known as Cub fans are single-minded these days, worried only about the scoreboard flag and whether it flies a ''W'' or an 'L.''

Yeah, right. LOL

Fisk Fan
08-10-2001, 10:06 AM
This pile of crap thrown at a piece of paper only further confirms what a complete moron this guy is. If this guy knew anything about baseball, he would know that you don't trade an entire season for a shot at 4 home-runs. In 50 years, the only ones who wil remember that feat will be the clowns at ESPN and any surviving Flubs fans.

The only thing that can shut this guy up will be if the Flubs choke. I can hear the excuses now.....

cheeses_h_rice
08-10-2001, 10:35 AM
Heh. My favorite quote:

I don't worry about that,'' said Sosa, already dressed by his locker. My manager takes me out in that situation, I agree with that. I'm not thinking about coming back and hitting four. No way.''

Uh huh. I'm *sure* the thought of hitting 4 never even crossed his self-absorbed mind.

And as for Jay-Jay, he's been subtly building his exit strategy vis a vis the Flubs over the past few weeks. Even in this column, he bashes most of the other hitters in the lineup, especially Eric Young. And don't forget that one big panicky column a few weeks ago where he see seemed like he was standing by the exit door with a suitcase in his hand.

After watching the Astros game last night, my gut instinct is telling me that the Flubs will fold. They've pretty much had every break in the world go their way this season, especially pitching-wise (Bere, Tavarez, Tapani, Fassero, Farnsworth are all not as good as their records indicate), and they've managed to stay mostly injury-free. Baseball is played out over a long, grueling season, and things tend to even out in the end. So I think the Flubbies' chances are getting slimmer by the moment. I wouldn't be surprised if they finished third behind the Cards, too.

Iwritecode
08-10-2001, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Fisk Fan
This pile of crap thrown at a piece of paper only further confirms what a complete moron this guy is. If this guy knew anything about baseball, he would know that you don't trade an entire season for a shot at 4 home-runs. In 50 years, the only ones who wil remember that feat will be the clowns at ESPN and any surviving Flubs fans.

The only thing that can shut this guy up will be if the Flubs choke. I can hear the excuses now.....

I wonder what his column would have looked like if Sosa had gotten injured somehow because Baylor left him in to let him try to hit his fourth meaningless homerun in a blowout loss. Does he know anything about baseball?

voodoochile
08-10-2001, 12:31 PM
I wonder what his column would have looked like if Sosa had gotten injured somehow because Baylor left him in to let him try to hit his fourth meaningless homerun in a blowout loss.
:moron
"The air was ripe with tension as ShamME came to bat. The lovable and loyal flubbies were only down nine and up to bat strode the mighty ShamME. His mighty muscles had already done a heavy load by keeping his team in the game with 3 -count them 3 towering shots. Now he stood at the plate with the bases empty and two outs in the ninth trying to give his team one last hope, one more at bat, one final chance... Having already set history by taking a curtain call in the 7th while only down 9 runs, ShamMe looked for more... His 3 mighty swings ripped the air as a lightning bolt from on high as this ManGod did his very best to keep his team alive and thrill the fans one more time. Alas it was not to be... on the third swing, a low, outside, tailing, diving, biter of a slider, ShamME's own HUGE muscles did him in. He twisted awkwardly and fell, badly bruising his mighty ass. As he limped from the field, the fans gave him one more rousing ovation and true to his nature to always honor the fans, ShamME bowed once again... The bow caused his back muscles to seize up and he fell down the stairs into the dugout, landing on his face, and as he passed out, the great one smiled through broken bloody teeth, bravely raised his hand, kissed his perfect fingers and tapped his mighty chest...

The loss of ShamMe probably ends the run for the division for our heros in blue, but at least he went down trying, swinging, playing hard as always. We will miss his chase at history, for surely he would have caught and passed Bonds the pretender and carried his team to victory as he smashed homer after homer into the clear blue skies that always smile on Wrigley... the baseball palace of the world..."

Does he know anything about baseball?
No...

FarWestChicago
08-10-2001, 12:36 PM
LMAO!! I'm dying here, VC. That was vintage Moronotti!!

Paulwny
08-10-2001, 12:40 PM
That was great Voodoo

doublem23
08-10-2001, 01:05 PM
Voodoo..... That was TOO good. After last night's loss and the upcoming trip to SAFECO, I needed a good laugh.