PDA

View Full Version : Did my eyes deceive me? Was Marte crying?


scottmt
09-12-2002, 06:41 PM
I didn't hear any mention of it from Hawk and DJ, but the cameras on today's telecast seemed to catch Damaso crying like a baby as Don Cooper gave him a talking to. Does anyone have any insight on the tears? Apparently there is crying in baseball after all.

:kmarte
"Go easy on me, coach!"

:nardi
"You know I never would have made you cry."

MikeKreevich
09-12-2002, 10:42 PM
I didn't see the game but I did see Joe Borchard reading a Bazooka gum cartoon in the dugout a couple of days ago.

Chisox_cali
09-12-2002, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Guzman's Goat
I didn't see the game but I did see Joe Borchard reading a Bazooka gum cartoon in the dugout a couple of days ago.

I saw that too. I guess we have another nickname for him, "Bazooka" Joe Borchard :smile:

voodoochile
09-12-2002, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
I saw that too. I guess we have another nickname for him, "Bazooka" Joe Borchard :smile:

Maybe it's because I'm old, but I like that way way better than LTP...

guillen4life13
09-12-2002, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali


I saw that too. I guess we have another nickname for him, "Bazooka" Joe Borchard :smile:


Originally posted by voodoochile


Maybe it's because I'm old, but I like that way way better than LTP...


i think that i like "bazooka" joe much more.

HawkDJ
09-12-2002, 11:13 PM
Definitly Bazooka Joe. LTP was the slacker of all nicknames.

whitesoxwilkes
09-12-2002, 11:22 PM
:hawk

"bazooka joe and the rockmeister. hey feisty, i luuuv nicknames."

Chisox_cali
09-12-2002, 11:28 PM
Well LTP would describe his strength with the bat, I guess Bazooka Joe could describe his arm in the outfield :smile:

guillen4life13
09-13-2002, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
Well LTP would describe his strength with the bat, I guess Bazooka Joe could describe his arm in the outfield :smile:

that works. bazooka joe can do both throwing and hitting, because his bat can be a metaphorical bazooka, with the missile (or whatever the ammo is) being the ball. his bat has the power of a bazooka, and he's big so he can carry his bazooka bat.

this is fun. :cool: :cool: :D: :D:

Iwritecode
09-13-2002, 12:45 PM
OK, if Borchard is "bazooka" Joe, then what can we call this guy?

:crede

I don't have a nickname yet guys!

SaltyPretzel
09-13-2002, 04:40 PM
[i]I guess we have another nickname for him, "Bazooka" Joe Borchard :smile: [/B]

Let's hope he has a good "eye" at the plate.

HawkDJ
09-13-2002, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
OK, if Borchard is "bazooka" Joe, then what can we call this guy?

:crede

I don't have a nickname yet guys!

Jolten Joe. Er...wait. Did DiMaggio take that one?

rmusacch
09-13-2002, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Maybe it's because I'm old, but I like that way way better than LTP...

Why did you guys start calling him LTP anyways? I know it stands for Light Tower Power but why? Did he hit some blast in the minors?

Daver
09-13-2002, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by rmusacch
Why did you guys start calling him LTP anyways? I know it stands for Light Tower Power but why? Did he hit some blast in the minors?

Vic the Cub fan started that,he saw him hit one over the light tower in Arizona.

idseer
09-13-2002, 11:31 PM
it beats the hell out of some of the dumb nicks i see bandied about ... like ray ray, or jon jon! (what crib did these come out of?)
.................. or ltp! sounds like a fuel additive.

voodoochile
09-13-2002, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by idseer
it beats the hell out of some of the dumb nicks i see bandied about ... like ray ray, or jon jon! (what crib did these come out of?)
.................. or ltp! sounds like a fuel additive.

I just always thought it was awkward. Not really a nickname at all. Bazooka Joe has a nice ring to it...

guillen4life13
09-14-2002, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
OK, if Borchard is "bazooka" Joe, then what can we call this guy?

:crede

I don't have a nickname yet guys!

he can be "Joe C"

"J.C."

"Clutch Crede?"

those were pretty lame, but i'm just trying to spark some ideas.

WhiteSox = Life
09-14-2002, 02:43 AM
That's the thing with nicknames. You can't just create one. It kind of comes out of nowhere and it's a perfect fit. For example, the Big Hurt nickname. That came from Hawk saying Thomas put a "Big Hurt on that ball" and the name stuck.

I'll go out on a limb here and say that the White Sox's Frank Thomas' moniker of "Big Hurt" is better than Pittsburgh's, the Cub's, Milwaukee's, the Met's, Cincinnati's, Houston's, and Philadelphia's Frank Thomas' nickname of "Donkey". Just one man's opinion, though. :D:

Don't worry. Mr. Crede will have his own nickname soon enough and when the right one comes along, you can be rest assured that WSI will be amongst the first, if not the first, to incorporate it into Daily White Soxism's.

Here's to you, Joe "Insert Nickname Here" Crede! :gulp:

soxkids03
09-17-2002, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Maybe it's because I'm old, but I like that way way better than LTP...

you're old? :D:

voodoochile
09-17-2002, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by soxkids03
you're old? :D:

You chose this for you first post? Yeah, I'm probably older than you and definitely old enough to remember Bazooka Joe comics...

Well anyway, welcome to WSI... Lots of old folks around here...

:D:

Iwritecode
09-17-2002, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
You chose this for you first post? Yeah, I'm probably older than you and definitely old enough to remember Bazooka Joe comics...

Well anyway, welcome to WSI... Lots of old folks around here...

:D:


You don't have to be old to remember Bazooka Joe. I was still buying it when I was in grade school. That was only about 15 years ago...

doublem23
09-17-2002, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile

Well anyway, welcome to WSI... Lots of old folks around here...

:D:

And lots of us not-so-old-folks, too. :smile:

Argh, I am beginning to dislike writing papers (Wait? Beginning? I never liked this in the first place).

Ol Aches & Pains
09-17-2002, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by WhiteSox = Life

I'll go out on a limb here and say that the White Sox's Frank Thomas' moniker of "Big Hurt" is better than Pittsburgh's, the Cub's, Milwaukee's, the Met's, Cincinnati's, Houston's, and Philadelphia's Frank Thomas' nickname of "Donkey". Just one man's opinion, though. :D:



I don't know, depends on why they called him "Donkey". :o:

soxkids03
09-17-2002, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
You chose this for you first post? Yeah, I'm probably older than you and definitely old enough to remember Bazooka Joe comics...

Well anyway, welcome to WSI... Lots of old folks around here...

:D:



Lol, hardly my 1st post, but it may be one of my last.... :gulp:

Daver
09-17-2002, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by soxkids03
Lol, hardly my 1st post, but it may be one of my last.... :gulp:

It was,nice try BMR.

Randar68
09-18-2002, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by daver
It was,nice try BMR.


*****! tool

voodoochile
09-18-2002, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by soxkids03
Lol, hardly my 1st post, but it may be one of my last.... :gulp:

Two posts and you talked to me? Sniff... how sweet...

Wish you'd make an effort to come back full time...

:D:

Paulwny
09-18-2002, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
[B
Wish you'd make an effort to come back full time...

[/B]

He did keep the board lively from Nov. to Mar.

voodoochile
09-18-2002, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny
He did keep the board lively from Nov. to Mar.

He could pick fights and tell people they were full of crap with the best of them...