PDA

View Full Version : JM, you want hustle, try this

Paulwny
09-11-2002, 08:20 AM
Ramirez fined for not running hard

Red Sox outfielder went to dugout instead of first on grounder

BASEBALL NOTES
ASSOCIATED PRESS

Sept. 10 — Manny Ramirez was fined by Boston Red Sox manager Grady Little for not running out a grounder in Monday’s game against Tampa Bay.
RAMIREZ HIT A CHECK-SWING grounder back to pitcher Tanyon Sturtze in the third, and immediately headed toward the dugout. Little thought about taking Ramirez out at that time, but opted not to when Ramirez apologized to his teammates in the dugout.
“I made a mistake,” Little said Tuesday. “I should have taken him out of the game right there. When you do something like that, it shows up the whole game of baseball. You’ve got to make the effort.”

Iguana775
09-11-2002, 10:19 AM
lol...whats an ass!!

voodoochile
09-11-2002, 11:12 AM
The Indians used to do this crap all the time. They'd jog to first carrying their bats when they hit a grounder during their division winning years. Manny just picked up some bad habits...

RKMeibalane
09-12-2002, 12:13 PM
I say again, if Frank Thomas had done this, every major media outlet in the country would be trashing him. Ramirez was mentioned on Sportscenter, but nothing else has happened since.

Foulke You
09-12-2002, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny
Ramirez fined for not running hard

Red Sox outfielder went to dugout instead of first on grounder

BASEBALL NOTES
ASSOCIATED PRESS

Sept. 10 — Manny Ramirez was fined by Boston Red Sox manager Grady Little for not running out a grounder in Monday’s game against Tampa Bay.
RAMIREZ HIT A CHECK-SWING grounder back to pitcher Tanyon Sturtze in the third, and immediately headed toward the dugout. Little thought about taking Ramirez out at that time, but opted not to when Ramirez apologized to his teammates in the dugout.
“I made a mistake,” Little said Tuesday. “I should have taken him out of the game right there. When you do something like that, it shows up the whole game of baseball. You’ve got to make the effort.”

You think that's bad? I heard on ESPN 1000 Boston Gammons was on the Tony K. show and said that in addition to Manny not running out a grounder he did something earlier in the week far worse. Apparently, the Red Sox did an on field ceremony before a game at Fenway for local little league players where the kids would run out to their MLB counterpart in the field. Ramirez had better things to do and blew it off so this poor little kid was left standing in Left Field by himself while the other kids stood next to the Red Sox players. What a friggin @$$hole!! I hate ego maniacs who think they are bigger then the game. Speaking of ego maniacs...

:shammy
"I don't know what you're talking about. Think of what I did for baseball when I grabbed my little American Flag and did my love taps after a homer. The country healed because of me."