PDA

View Full Version : Sox & Simas done?

doublem23
08-10-2001, 01:56 AM
Dammit. I think this is from the Cubune, but I found it at the White Sox Clubhouse at espn.com.

RH reliever Bill Simas threw off a mound for the fourth time Aug. 8, according to the Chicago Tribune. Simas, a free agent after this season, hasn't heard anything from the team about re-signing. "I don't know," Simas told the paper. "It's hard to feel wanted when you're at home doing therapy on your own. If I'm missed, I'll be here next year. If not, I'll be able to help someone else."

Am I the only one who thinks Simas is worth keeping???

Oh well...

Paulwny
08-10-2001, 07:00 AM
If Lowe remains a starter it's very important to keep Simas.

mrwag
08-10-2001, 08:18 AM
He's a keeper. I'd say, given the fact he's missed a year with surgery, next year should be a "tryout" year to see if he's still got it, enough for a long-term contract.

cheeses_h_rice
08-10-2001, 11:38 AM
As bad as Shell-mas was at times, he had begun to become a pretty reliable arm in the pen, so I too would like the Sox to keep him. I wonder, though, if the Osuna 2-year deal is hurting his chances?

mrwag
08-10-2001, 11:44 AM
Given the rash of injuries this year, I think next year it'd be wise to have a bit of a stockpile of pitchers. You never know.

doublem23
08-10-2001, 01:52 PM
Phew.

I thought that I was the only person left who felt that Bill Simas was a priority to sign.