PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Quote

kermittheefrog
09-09-2002, 06:03 PM
http://www.baseballprospectus.com/news/20020909wiq.shtml

"I coached third base for Tampa Bay in 1998 and '99 and they got their tails kicked. But now, four years later, they've got an awfully nice looking team. That's the point we're going to get to. It's just going to take some patience."
--Greg Riddoch, Brewers farm director

And some people argue with me when I say some teams are content with losing and collecting revenue sharing money.

FarmerAndy
09-09-2002, 06:17 PM
The quote from Carlos Lee on that page cracked me up. I would think that hitting a homer in your first big league at-bat would be pretty memorable, but Carlos obviously forgot that he did it.

"He has a live bat. My first day in the majors, I was afraid, a little tight. I was just happy to get my first game out of the way. Joe? His first hit is a home run. He's ready to go."
--Carlos Lee, White Sox outfielder, who (like Will Clark) homered in his first at-bat, on teammate Joe Borchard's first-hit home run

RKMeibalane
09-09-2002, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by FarmerAndy
"He has a live bat. My first day in the majors, I was afraid, a little tight. I was just happy to get my first game out of the way. Joe? His first hit is a home run. He's ready to go."
--Carlos Lee, White Sox outfielder, who (like Will Clark) homered in his first at-bat, on teammate Joe Borchard's first-hit home run

Will Clark. I miss that guy. He was always one of my favorite players.

kermittheefrog
09-09-2002, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by FarmerAndy
The quote from Carlos Lee on that page cracked me up. I would think that hitting a homer in your first big league at-bat would be pretty memorable, but Carlos obviously forgot that he did it.

Yeah, I submitted that one. It's priceless too.