PDA

View Full Version : Stupid People

doublem23
08-10-2001, 01:04 AM
The guy on ESPN-1000 said that Konerko should have laid down a bunt to get Magglio in with TWO OUTS!!!

Konerko? bunt? He'd have to lay down the perfect bunt, and still, his speed is TERRIBLE!!!

DUH!!!

Thank God Wills tore his dumbass apart.

Nellie_Fox
08-10-2001, 01:08 AM
That is incredibly boneheaded.

Bmr31
08-10-2001, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
That is incredibly boneheaded.

and they pay that guy to talk about sports :)

doublem23
08-10-2001, 01:10 AM
AHHHHH!!!!!

There's another guy saying Jerry Manuel is a bonehead for not calling the squeeze with Konerko and Magglio on third...

Jesus. Where do they find these morons???

Bmr31
08-10-2001, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
AHHHHH!!!!!

There's another guy saying Jerry Manuel is a bonehead for not calling the squeeze with Konerko and Magglio on third...

Jesus. Where do they find these morons???

could they be joking??

doublem23
08-10-2001, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by Bmr31
and they pay that guy to talk about sports :)

No, Wills ain't saying it. He's ripping these idiots apart. It's these people calling in.

So far the only guy with an intelligent comment has been a 10-year old saying Kanseco should have swung at that 3rd strike.

And now there's a Cub fan trying to rip on the Sox.

doublem23
08-10-2001, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by Bmr31
could they be joking??

Perhaps they're too think to drunk.

Fisk Fan
08-10-2001, 09:41 AM
There is no way he would have bunted safley. He doesn't have the speed.

BTW, was he running hard on that grounder that he hit to the shortstop earlier in the game. On the highlights (or lowlights) it appeared that he was not! Damn him if he was not!

FarWestChicago
08-10-2001, 12:10 PM
BTW, was he running hard on that grounder that he hit to the shortstop earlier in the game. On the highlights (or lowlights) it appeared that he was not! Damn him if he was not!

How can you tell if Konerko is running hard or not? He only has one gear, glacially slow.

Fisk Fan
08-10-2001, 12:16 PM
True, but I just thought he might have slowed up a hair before he got to 1st base. Perhaps he down-shifted to leap year.

rmusacch
08-10-2001, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
The guy on ESPN-1000 said that Konerko should have laid down a bunt to get Magglio in with TWO OUTS!!!

Konerko? bunt? He'd have to lay down the perfect bunt, and still, his speed is TERRIBLE!!!

DUH!!!

Thank God Wills tore his dumbass apart.

The Angels announcers said that all the Sox needed to do was to hit a fly ball or a ground ball to score Magglio. This was when there were two outs.

Soxboyrob
08-10-2001, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Fisk Fan
There is no way he would have bunted safley. He doesn't have the speed.

The only way Konerko will ever bunt safely is if he pops it up and it goes over the 3B'mans head and rolls to the leftfielder. That said, I would love it if Konerko was up w/ one out and a guy on third and he did a squeeze to score a runner. It would sure beat the hell out of all of the striking out and popping up he does. In those instances, the third baseman is usually playing Konerko on the outfield grass. Come to think about it, Konerko might be able to actually get a hit on something like that. I would love to see us try something different and daring once in a while. Last night's situation wouldn't have made any sense to bunt anyway. There were two outs. What in the heck are they thinking?

Daver
08-10-2001, 09:57 PM
I'm releived,when i saw the name on this thread I thought it might be about me.