PDA

View Full Version : Will he share the glory with Comiskey's official scorekeeper?

PaleHoseGeorge
09-09-2002, 08:25 AM
Sully says in today's Cubune that Clayton took his dismissal "philosophically." He quotes Clayton saying, "I did my job in my two years here and set a fielding record that probably will never go down... I can look in the mirror and feel I've been the gentleman my family brought me up to be."

That's right. He broke the fielding record of that greatest of Sox shortstops, hall of famer Ron Hansen. Luke and Luis, make room for Royce. Should we retire #10, too?

At the very least he should throw some props to the official scorer, don't you think?

duke of dorwood
09-09-2002, 08:51 AM
And the elegance and power of the Choice ranging into the hole, planting and gunning out runners at first will forever be a part of Sox lore

RKMeibalane
09-09-2002, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
And the elegance and power of the Choice ranging into the hole, planting and gunning out runners at first will forever be a part of Sox lore

As will all of the towering homeruns that never seemed to land. Boy, am I gonna' miss that guy!"

Cheryl
09-10-2002, 11:04 AM
http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/dssports/pro/102sd4.htm

OfficerKarkovice
09-10-2002, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Cheryl
http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/dssports/pro/102sd4.htm
Absolutely unbelievable...I hope every GM in the majors reads that and Royce is never seen in the majors again.

voodoochile
09-10-2002, 12:04 PM
What's with all the teal?

BTW what record did Choice set?

:jerry
"He ate more ice cream than any other player in team history."

:hitless
"Yeah, I ate chocolate and vanilla and strawberry and spunumoni and rocky road and chunky monkey and... is that enough Uncle Jerry."

:jerry
"You did good Roycie, real good. I'm just sorry we didn't get to play you even more. Every play you made was worth two of Valentin's."

:manos
"*** are you talking about?"

:ohno
"Exactly..."

:KW
"Don't worry, next year we're bringing in a big name SS. I hear Cal Ripken is available..."

:ohno
"Oh No..."

ChiSoxBobette
09-10-2002, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Sully says in today's Cubune that Clayton took his dismissal "philosophically." He quotes Clayton saying, "I did my job in my two years here and set a fielding record that probably will never go down... I can look in the mirror and feel I've been the gentleman my family brought me up to be."

That's right. He broke the fielding record of that greatest of Sox shortstops, hall of famer Ron Hansen. Luke and Luis, make room for Royce. Should we retire #10, too?

At the very least he should throw some props to the official scorer, don't you think?
He has to be one of the most self-centered people/players in the game , if he's putting himself in the class of the s.s.'s mentioned the guy has got to be the biggest fool in the game. I think if Manuel gives Jimenez a full year at s.s. he'll make everyone
forget about royce the choice especially in the hitting dept.
The only thing we'll have to hope for is that our manager does'nt screw D'A. J. up.
Go White Sox
Go Joe & Joe
:)

voodoochile
09-10-2002, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by ChiSoxBob
He has to be one of the most self-centered people/players in the game , if he's putting himself in the class of the s.s.'s mentioned the guy has got to be the biggest fool in the game. I think if Manuel gives Jimenez a full year at s.s. he'll make everyone
forget about royce the choice especially in the hitting dept.
The only thing we'll have to hope for is that our manager does'nt screw D'A. J. up.
Go White Sox
Go Joe & Joe
:)

Actually, I hope they give Jimenez the 2B job next year and let Manos return to SS and send Willie back to AAA for more seasoning. Another year in the minors might give them a chance to work out Willies offensive woes. Heck, not like we're short on backup infielders anyway...

Foulke You
09-10-2002, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood

Great stuff duke! :D:

Now it's my turn:

A hush overtakes the home crowd. "Will he do it?" the crowd murmurs to themselves. Royce fires a throw to first for the final out of the top of the 9th inning giving the Sox one final chance to score 8 runs to tie the game up with Oakland. Throngs of people begin chanting "ROYCE! ROYCE! ROYCE! ROYCE!" cheering their hero as he jogs into the dugout. Royce being much too modest for a curtain call, sits quietly in the dugout not fully understanding the significance of what is taking place this glorious 2001 season. The fans are content in the fact that they know he is on his way to shattering the franchise record for defensive percentage!