PDA

View Full Version : Flubbie Stupidity

doublem23
08-10-2001, 12:52 AM
ARGH!!!! This just aggravates me....

Apparently Gary Matthews, Jr. made some nice grab during the game today. Good for him.

Now my Cubbie fan friends are telling me that with all things equal, Gary Matthews, Jr. is the best defensive CF in baseball. I don't know whether to laugh or laugh really DAMN hard.

I can think of like 5-6 CF I'd rather have for pure defense over Gary Matthews Jr. I can't stand this Cubbie Kool-Aid! When does football season start?

Nellie_Fox
08-10-2001, 12:55 AM
I saw the catch on Baseball Tonight. He should have hung on to it in the first place. The amazing part was that while he was sliding on his back, the ball popped out of his mitt and he reached back behind himself blindly and grabbed it before it hit the ground. It was amazing, but pure luck.

doublem23
08-10-2001, 12:59 AM
I'm sorry that this does bug me, but GOD DAMMIT!!! I just had to write it to vent a little. To call Gary Matthews, Jr. the best defensive CF in baseball takes some real balls (or ***** for brains).

And they said that we overhyped our players???

Tragg
08-10-2001, 01:05 AM
That was like the only play I saw in their game. He should have caught it the first time.

Actually, I only saw it on replay, but I turned around when I heard the sound of Chimp pouring out of my television, screaming and yakking about how that was one of the greatest plays he'd ever seen. When I first heard his screaming, I was afraid the Chubs had hit a 8 run homer or something.

Unfortunately, I also missed the highlight of that game - the chub fans yelling for a Sosa curtain call, and Sosa giving a curtain call, when the chubs were only down 9.

danman31
08-10-2001, 01:14 AM
Let me list the better CFers in no specific order:Ken Griffey Jr., Jim Edmonds, Darin Erstad, Andruw Jones, Bernie Williams, Kenny Lofton, Torii Hunter, Brian Giles(before he moved to LF), and Mike Cameron.

Every CF has had a great play, that's why they are in CF. They can play d really well. Brian Simmons, Aaron Rowand, and Chris Singleton all have had web gems at one time or another. That's why they are in CF because they have the range and ability to do that.

OfficerKarkovice
08-10-2001, 08:59 AM
:gun
I RUN FAST

Iguana775
08-10-2001, 09:27 AM
:harold

"Hey, i can play better center field!!!! give me a wheel chair and let me go at it!"

Fisk Fan
08-10-2001, 09:45 AM
You know what really irritates me is the fact that on Baseball Tonight, they showed Sammmy's 3 home-runs, "the greatest catch of all time" and Hampton's homer. It was like, oh btw the Rockies killed the Cubs!

I feel vomitous!