PDA

View Full Version : Maybe Clunkhead Kenny did something right! Maybe...

Joel Perez
09-08-2002, 08:09 PM
http://www.nj.com/newsflash/sports/index.ssf?/cgi-free/getstory_ssf.cgi?s0505_BC_BBN--Pirates-Lowe&&news&newsflash-sports

Sean Lowe was let go today.
If anyone cares.

RichH55
09-08-2002, 08:49 PM
Well Lowe was never a part of the deal we were going to miss regardless of what people said at the time of the deal.....Fogg has been a pleasant surprise for the Pirates, but that deal rested on how well Wells and Ritchie would do for their respective clubs....Anything Lowe could bring to the table for Pitt was just gravy

Tragg
09-08-2002, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Joel Perez
http://www.nj.com/newsflash/sports/index.ssf?/cgi-free/getstory_ssf.cgi?s0505_BC_BBN--Pirates-Lowe&&news&newsflash-sports

Sean Lowe was let go today.
If anyone cares.

Kenny could have done that; unfortunately, he also let Fogg and Wells go.

Lip Man 1
09-08-2002, 11:45 PM
All I know is that when Lowe was with the Sox he did everything they asked of him. He pitched in a bunch of different roles in 2000 and 2001 and his numbers were excellent.

At least he was one Sox pitcher who didn't have his arm blown off.

I know it'll never happen but I hope the Sox swallow their pride and pick him back up for next year. You never have enough pitching and in the Sox case they need all they can get.

Lip

kermittheefrog
09-09-2002, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
All I know is that when Lowe was with the Sox he did everything they asked of him. He pitched in a bunch of different roles in 2000 and 2001 and his numbers were excellent.

I know it'll never happen but I hope the Sox swallow their pride and pick him back up for next year. You never have enough pitching and in the Sox case they need all they can get.

Lip

I agree, lets send Wright to the minor leagues like you suggested before and give Lowe the roster spot. Lowe is older, a reliever and put up a 5.35 ERA in the NL but I think he's the kind real major leaguer we need. Not a young, talented and developing starter like Wright.

Yeesh.

Lip Man 1
09-09-2002, 07:16 PM
Bottom line:

Did the Sox win when Lowe was on the staff? Yes or No?

Are the Sox winning with Danny Wright on the staff? Yes or No?

Kermit, I'm tired of waiting for all these "can't miss kids" to develop. Going by your conclusion, in three years when Wright MAY be able to pitch consistently well, the Sox should be fine.

I might be dead in three years (and so might you)

And what other factors could come into play in three years? For example, will the Sox spend the money to sign Ordonez again? Will Konerko still be around? Who else will the team let go for "financial reasons?" W

What good is banking your hopes on a young pitching staff when you can't catch a cold in the field or run the bases? The Sox in three years time, could have the next generation of pitching greats (a la Atlanta North) but you know what, somehow they'll find a way to screw up some other area.

I agree with Casey Stengel, "the only thing rookies are good for is to get managers fired..."

The Sox are now going on rebuilding for a 4th time since the mid 80's, I'm sick of it. I don't want to hear anymore about "waiting for the future." Screw them all. Go out and get some bona fide, upside, major leaguers and start upping the payroll.

Lip

doublem23
09-09-2002, 07:57 PM
I don't want to hear anymore about "waiting for the future." Screw them all. Go out and get some bona fide, upside, major leaguers and start upping the payroll.

And the answer is Sean Lowe!

bc2k
09-09-2002, 10:29 PM

Lip

I agree Lip. Sean Lowe was an asset to the White Sox and they reward him by giving newbie-soon-to-have-surgery Antonio Osuna his contract.

I would be happy to have Lowe back in the White Sox bullpen.

kermittheefrog
09-09-2002, 10:40 PM
Yeah, I'm sure Sean Lowe makes all the pitchers on the staff better. Is "Did we win with Sean Lowe on the team?" really the best argument that could be made? Why not bring back Bill Simas and James Baldwin? By your logic right now Parque is probably helping the Sox because he is a veteran and was the 3rd starter on our 96 win team. The youth movement isn't the way to go you say? If you had some sort of good plan otherwise it'd be interesting but bring back a replacable part like Lowe? Geez, must be interesting living in your world.

doublem23
09-09-2002, 11:00 PM
Why don't we just bring back Mike Sirotka, kermit? He was the ace of that 96-win staff...

And Cal Eldred, too...

**** this Buehrle kid, he's never spent a full year on a team that won a division.

kermittheefrog
09-09-2002, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
Why don't we just bring back Mike Sirotka, kermit? He was the ace of that 96-win staff...

I think he's a free agent after this year.

:)

Daver
09-09-2002, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog

Last I heard,he was retiring,being unable to return from his shoulder injury,but I got that from a Toronto newspaper....

Chisox_cali
09-09-2002, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog

I think he doesn't have a left arm anymore :smile:

bc2k
09-10-2002, 11:26 PM
Kermit, doublem, 96 wins in 2000? You both should know better. The Sox had 95 wins in 2000.

doublem23
09-10-2002, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by bc2k
Kermit, doublem, 96 wins in 2000? You both should know better. The Sox had 95 wins in 2000.

OK

guillen4life13
09-11-2002, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by bc2k

word