PDA

View Full Version : Hurt Delivers!


guillen4life13
09-08-2002, 03:52 PM
AW HELL YEAH!

NUKE_CLEVELAND
09-08-2002, 03:53 PM
Credit where credit is due. Frank came up HUGE!! Its about goddamn time!

Kilroy
09-08-2002, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by NUKE_CLEVELAND
Credit where credit is due. Frank came up HUGE!! Its about goddamn time!

Just a prelude to what we'll see next year. He WILL be back...

Maggliosfan09
09-08-2002, 04:27 PM
BOUT TIME!! Glad 2 see the Hurt i loved when i was younger back. Hopefully this will happen more!!

guillen4life13
09-08-2002, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy


Just a prelude to what we'll see next year. He WILL be back...


Originally posted by Maggliosfan09
BOUT TIME!! Glad 2 see the Hurt i loved when i was younger back. Hopefully this will happen more!!


it will. i must admit, i thought bradley had the ball. the ball hardly left the park. but at least he delivered, IN THE CLUTCH!!!! and since i'm a relatively new sox fan (didn't really pay attn 'til 2000 playoffs), this is the first time i've seen big frank deliver like this. he's a stud, and he's coming back to PAHMP! (clap) YOU AHP!

jlh221fan
09-09-2002, 04:34 PM
That's his 1st 9th-inn.-or-later game-tying HR in his career! He's only had 1 walk-off HR ('98 at home vs. Aguilera).

FarmerAndy
09-09-2002, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by jlh221fan
That's his 1st 9th-inn.-or-later game-tying HR in his career! He's only had 1 walk-off HR ('98 at home vs. Aguilera).

Good point. Thomas also hit a 9th inning homer on Friday. Although the one on Friday didn't tie the game, it was nice to see. Frank has never hit the ball well in the 9th inning, so for him to hit 2 9th inning homers in one series is somewhat promising.

Kilroy
09-09-2002, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by jlh221fan
That's his 1st 9th-inn.-or-later game-tying HR in his career! He's only had 1 walk-off HR ('98 at home vs. Aguilera).

Which Aguilera? I was at a game in 98 vs Toronto when Thomas won it with a dinger late, but I cant remember if it was in the 9th. I didn't think it was off an Aguilera. It was sweet tho, because my brother was in from Hawaii, and we went to 3 or 4 games that week, but that was the last one.