PDA

View Full Version : Damn you Canseco and Konerko

WindyCityHusker
08-10-2001, 12:26 AM
Jeez...all you needed was a sac fly Canseco, after Maggs stole 3rd. Nope...strike out looking.... Konerko...pop out foul out on the 1st pitch?! Pathetic.... Come on 2002!

Nellie_Fox
08-10-2001, 12:27 AM
Runner on third, less than two outs, you gotta get him in!!!

KempersRS
08-10-2001, 12:28 AM
I knew Canseco would K the second he stepped in. He can't hit anyone with heat. He would be the last batter I'd ever want up in that situation on our roster since all we needed was a sac fly. What a dreadful season.

Tragg
08-10-2001, 12:28 AM
Conseco can't hit good pitching - period. He reminds me of most of the sluggers on that 1983 team (luzinski, kittle) - when they faced the pitching rich Orioles, the couldn't do a thing. That's just pathetic.

And then Konerko swings at a pitch on his shoulder.

Come on, guys.

Bmr31
08-10-2001, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Tragg
Conseco can't hit good pitching - period. He reminds me of most of the sluggers on that 1983 team (luzinski, kittle) - when they faced the pitching rich Orioles, the couldn't do a thing. That's just pathetic.

And then Konerko swings at a pitch on his shoulder.

Come on, guys.

2 HORRIBLE AT BATS. HORRIBLE!!!

doublem23
08-10-2001, 12:38 AM
:walnuts
I don't have to swing at the first pitch? Why hasn't anyone ever told me this???

Bmr31
08-10-2001, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
I don't have to swing at the first pitch? Why hasn't anyone ever told me this???

Paul, you ****ing idiot

Bmr31
08-10-2001, 12:41 AM

THis aint whiffle ball!!!! :)

Iwritecode
08-10-2001, 12:42 AM
Just a little in Jose's defense, that last strike he took was about 3 inches inside. He was right not to swing at it. I'm not saying I'm all that confident that he wouldn't have went down swinging on the next pitch but now we'll never know. I hate losing a game because of a blown call...

Bmr31
08-10-2001, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
Just a little in Jose's defense, that last strike he took was about 3 inches inside. He was right not to swing at it. I'm not saying I'm all that confident that he wouldn't have went down swinging on the next pitch but now we'll never know. I hate losing a game because of a blown call...

The ball was not inside at all. Jose was all over the plate and had no chance. The ump calls the inside strike and every player should be aware of that. Jose and the rest of us control our own destiny, and crying isnt going to ever change that.

Tragg
08-10-2001, 12:51 AM
I didn't see the pitch, but you don't stand there and hope the ump agrees with you. Foul the effing pitch off and wait for another one.

Iwritecode
08-10-2001, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by Bmr31

The ball was not inside at all. Jose was all over the plate and had no chance. The ump calls the inside strike and every player should be aware of that. Jose and the rest of us control our own destiny, and crying isnt going to ever change that.

Oh it was inside allright. I didn't get to see the whole game and maybe the ump was calling that inside strike all night though.

I've still never understood how he can hit while standing that close to the plate.

Nellie_Fox
08-10-2001, 12:52 AM
All through his career I've seen Jose nearly get hit by pitches legitimately on the inside corner. He wears that elbow protector because he sets up with his elbow over the plate.

Bmr31
08-10-2001, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
All through his career I've seen Jose nearly get hit by pitches legitimately on the inside corner. He wears that elbow protector because he sets up with his elbow over the plate.

well perhaps he may try swinging next time? That usually helps...

doublem23
08-10-2001, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by Bmr31
well perhaps he may try swinging next time? That usually helps...

But when swinging, it doesn't have to be at the first pitch. No way.

Bmr31
08-10-2001, 12:57 AM

But when swinging, it doesn't have to be at the first pitch. No way.

LOL!! :)

Iwritecode
08-10-2001, 12:58 AM
Actually, considering the ball was closer to him than the plate, if he wouldn't have taken that half swing and stepped into it, he might have been hit by it. Then it we would've had first and third with only one out.

Oh well, woulda coulda shoulda... Time to go kick some Seattle butt now.

Bmr31
08-10-2001, 12:59 AM
Actually, considering the ball was closer to him than the plate, if he wouldn't have taken that half swing and stepped into it, he might have been hit by it. Then it we would've had first and third with only one out.

While i agree he probably wouldnt have hit it very hard, that ball was nowhere close hitting jose....

doublem23
08-10-2001, 01:01 AM

Um, this is the 2001 White Sox we're talking about.

Bmr31
08-10-2001, 01:02 AM

Dude youre cracking me up. Thanks for the reality check. :)

Iwritecode
08-10-2001, 01:04 AM

Good one.

Hey, I can hope can't I?

Nellie_Fox
08-10-2001, 01:05 AM
We'll be lucky if the Mariners let the Sox leave town with their bats and gloves.

And, I'll get to suffer through the games on Friday Saturday and Sunday because they're all on TV I can see.

doublem23
08-10-2001, 01:06 AM

Good one.

Hey, I can hope can't I?

I'll give you that.

Iwritecode
08-10-2001, 01:12 AM
One last thought then I'll let this go, this is definetly one of the games we could have used Frank in. If he would have gotten that same pitch Jose struck out on, it probably would have been a tie game. As far off the plate as he stands.

Anyway, I'm out. Later all.

Bmr31
08-10-2001, 01:14 AM
One last thought then I'll let this go, this is definetly one of the games we could have used Frank in. If he would have gotten that same pitch Jose struck out on, it probably would have been a tie game. As far off the plate as he stands.

Anyway, I'm out. Later all.

great point...

doublem23
08-10-2001, 01:18 AM
:hurt
Only 6 1/2 months until Spring Training.