PDA

View Full Version : Bears/Sox switch stadium sites?

doublem23
07-23-2001, 02:51 PM
I dunno. I've thought about this a few times, but I didn't think anyone else ever did. I can see a few problems with it, but I'll let everyone read the article before I make any more comments.

Sox & Bears switch stadium sites? (http://chicagosports.com/whitesox/content/story/0,1984,156705,00.html)

Jerry_Manuel
07-23-2001, 02:55 PM
I like that idea but there is no chance in hell of that happening. It would be nice to have a "Pac Bell" type stadium and it would boost attendence for sure.

:reinsy
Spend more money on a ballpark?

doublem23
07-23-2001, 03:03 PM
Right. That's what I thought the #1 problem would be... We'd NEVER get the money to do that.

fado
07-23-2001, 03:21 PM
Being a lifelong resident of Bridgeport, I have to say that wouldn't be a good idea. I love Soldier Field, and I, like many other Sox fans like Comiskey Park. The only thing that they did wrong when they built Comiskey is facing it toward Stateway Gardens. They should have faced it towards the loop.

On another note, I can't wait to see Soldier Field after they finish rehabbing the place. The models I've see look great.

IA_soxfan
07-23-2001, 03:30 PM
I agree. This plan sounds great but has a snowballs chance in hell of happening. One can always dream tho.....

Soxheads
07-23-2001, 03:41 PM
I own the game MLB feat. Ken Griffey, and guess what you see as you look to centerfield? Thats right, the projects.

CerberusWG
07-23-2001, 03:45 PM
Heh, I still dont understand why Comiskey is facing the way it is...it should be pointed toward the skyline in my opinion. And, that proposal will never happen, because JR doesnt want to sepnd money.

Sell the team to someone who actually wants to spend money!

doublem23
07-23-2001, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by CerberusWG
Sell the team to someone who actually wants to spend money!

:reinsy
What? It's not like this is a big market city, like Brooklyn!

Streets
07-23-2001, 06:46 PM
That would be the coolest and probably the best thing that could happen for the White Sox, attendence wise. I would love to drive downtown for a Sox game. But of course it probably will never happen. :lsox

MarqSox
07-23-2001, 07:03 PM
The idea makes me giddier than Peter Gammons during Red Sox highlights, but honestly, how could we ever expect it to happen? I mean, seriously. For as flawed as Comiskey is, it is only 11 years old. That's 1/9 as old as its predecesor was when they gave up on it. For as much as the park cost to build, it probably has not even recouped original construction costs... or if it has, it has just barely. Replacing Comiskey is not a realistic option for at least 25-30 years, and even that is way to early if you think about it. I'd cry tears of joy if they moved the park to the lakefront, but it won't happen.